+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning curve

I'm Anthony.

Rather than changing your set up why not tweak what you have?
    Interconnects , speaker cable , mains cable and fuse changes can make a huge difference
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm scott.

blue note jazz sound Fab on a good pair of Stats with SS or Valve amps

I'm Andras.

Indeed it seems like you are looking to play with different options. Grand fun! Do take the time to try out different schools in this case. Class A amp (valve and ss) reach their optimal operational temp in an hour or so, this is something you need to take into account. So either turn them on before listening or choose something else . I have auditioned a great amp in my home from stein music, the stateline amp 2. 20 watts, very smooth and sweet sound. Could be just the thing for you. Its not class A so you can just leave it on all the time.
    Firstwatt J2, AN-J LX HE, Lampizator L4G5.

I'm Michael.

I didn't hear anything that came close to the Vitus for improvements over what I had (and I mean 'had', because I've sold them now to pay for the Vitus). I listened to a Devialet having read about it displacing sliced bread in the popularity stakes. It's very good and looks stunning and a compelling choice if you want a minimum box-count but it sounded too much like the Naim olive stack to justify its consideration.
    I also sold my LP12 which was too decadent a thing to retain playing an average of one LP per month. My source of choice will remain the Naim CDS3 player but, when funds allow, I intend to look for something around £1-1.5k at used prices to spin the occasional Hendrix LP. I've been told that the Well Tempered Amadeus is key at this price-point but I'll admit it's difficult for me to get beyond the fishing line and squash balls for feet FFS. It needs to be plonk and play, a package complete with arm. I can just about mount a cartridge but I'm not a faffer or a tweaker so once placed it just needs to work.
    Mods., is that enquiry OK here or should it be in a different 'room' on the site?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12