+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things to do in Exeter

I'm Peter.

Default Things to do in Exeter

On Saturday I will have the pleasure of spending a day in Exeter. My only plan so far is to go to Manson's Guitar shop. I might also have a gander round the Cathedral.

Other than that, is there I good hi-fi shop I can worry about whether I have the guts to go into or not?
    Peter

I'm Nick.

There is a second hand one in Fore Street that looked good called Replay. I think it's where I got my present set of headphones from.

Will definitely check it again when we visit Exeter which will be soon.

I'm joe.

There's Gulliford HiFi in Sidwell Street, near the bus station and just round the corner from where I used to live.

Hi Peter,
    You might like to check out SevenOaks in Cowick Street (bottom of Fore Street, across the bridge and straight on, 50 meters past the railway bridge).

Ask Andy Manson to show you the Mermaid Guitar!

Rooster Records are also in Fore Street, near the top.

Have a great day!

Regards

Les

I'm Peter.

Les,

yes, I'm hoping to catch sight of the slightly mad but beautiful Mermaid guitar!! I've seen photos, so seeing it in real life would be very cool. Oooh, a record store as well.... oh-oh. There goes my plans of a small budget for the day!

I'm familiar with Sevenoaks as we have one here in Bristol. Fore Street sounds like a good place to head for.

Thanks
    Peter

I'm Peter.

D'oh! I've just realised Manson's shop is on Fore Street. I guess I'll be spending a lot of time just on that street!
    Peter

I'm Peter.

Quick report back.

Manson's Guitar Shop is incredible. I found my dream guitar, which I couldn't afford. But, I played it - a Martin Dreadnought which just shimmered with a balanced and beautiful sound. And so easy to play! And I have to admit I wasn't expecting that type of guitar to be what I wanted. I played another guitar similar to the one I have now, but 4 times as expensive, and, to be honest, mine is better!

So, time to start playing and saving!

Oh, and I didn't find any of the hi-fi shops. But, Rooster Records is amazing!
    Peter

I'm Richard.

Get yourself down to Exeter St. Davids train station, get a return to Topsham (20 minute journey) and get yourself to The Bridge for a pint (or 5).
    Rich

I'm Nick.

I'm in Exeter this week and popped in to the second-hand hi-fi shop this afternoon. It's called The Emporium and it's at the bottom of Heavitree Road just before the city centre. Lots of 70s and 80s Japanese hi-fi from the likes of Pioneer, Rotel, NAD, Sony, Sansui, Yamaha etc. Also a selection of second-hand vinyl and CDs.

Some nice gear in there if you like vintage Japanese stuff.

+ Reply to Thread