+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rivnut and Technics tonearm board question

I'm Anthony.

Smile Rivnut and Technics tonearm board question

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what size and type of Rivnut is used to secure arm boards to the Technics SL1210 top plate to allow easy change of tonearms?
    What is the size of the screws required to then use with the Rivnut?
    Where can they be sourced from?

Thanks

Ants

I'm Andrew.

Please I would like to know as well.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Anthony.

Andrew, I subsequently found out rivnuts can be bought from hardware shops but need a special tool to fit them properly . Although they allow rapid easy removal of the tonearm board, they are essentially a not
    removable once they have been installed. Timestep / soundhifi supply them with their armboard as a option along with conventional fixing screws. I haven't changed tonearm board/ tonearm on my techie yet but have decided not to go rivnut route as I want any mods I do , to be easily reversible.

Regards

Anthony
    My system:

Kenwood KD600/ Alphason HR100S MCS/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk3 or Technics SL1210/ KAB bearing mod/KAB TD1200 fluid damper/Sumiko HS12 headshell/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk2

Icon Audio PS3Mk2 phono stage (or Primare R32 phono stage plus Beyerdynamic SUT), KAB RF-1 rumble filter, Icon audio LA4 Mk3 preamp, Icon Audio MB90Mk2m mono blocks, Solid Tech Rack of Silence 4, Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers, Nordost Leif series Red dawn and Blue heaven interconnects, Neotech 3002 speaker cables

I'm Kevin.

You can remove Rivnuts. You need to (carefully) drill them out.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    You can remove Rivnuts. You need to (carefully) drill them out.
    True, and if you don't want to buy the special tool to insert the rivnuts, then try your local friendly garage, we have a range of rivnut guns/tools in our workshop - metric and imperial, and I think most garages would be similar.

+ Reply to Thread