+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FANTASTIC must have for ipod/music server owners....

I'm Steve.

no worries.
    You know what the wierd thing is...The gracenote data base comes up with all the details of that CD when I put it in.
    Surprising.

I'm Jim.

That will because some sad anorak type (no names mentioned ) has gone to the trouble and uploaded it there.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

SteveW,

Yes it's a glorious use of AirFoil and Airport Express to have music streaming all over the house. We'll have to agree to disagree on whether it's a good thing to have Christmas music streaming all over the house.

And I'm unclear on what a test match is, but glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I'm Steve.

Test match = cricket competion. I'm not really into the sport.. But this year our battle with the Australians ( called the ashes) was something special.

Default simplyfi

i'm at work now but will download this as soon as i get home, and i also agree that airport express is brill, i've got two although one is now redundant since i bought a mac mini which i use my iphone to control via remote (that's the program) but this simplyfi seems a superb idea. i'll get in touch with my password and user name so you can all help yourselves. i also discovered airfoil about 18 mths ago and use it to stream iplayer to my bedroom set up, although i can also stream direct from the mac mini, i especially like late night chill such as groove salad from itunes radio i think it's under electronica? a erins big chill, i also enjoy radioparadise.com which i've set up as a playlist so again easy access. great to nod off to.
    cheers
    steve

Default simplify

i'm having trouble in simplify preferences getting it to recognise all my music, it's all stored on an external hdd which itunes has found no probs but when i select it in simplify there are no music files available.

if i tell simplify to use the folder 'music' there's only 17 tracks available.

what am i doing wrong?

cheers
    steve

Default simplify

ok so you've probably seen my other thread on simplify and if you have you know i'm now up and running at the mo i can offer 250 ish albums about 60gig, i'll be ripping more when i get a bigger ext hdd. still a couple of thousand cd's to go. help yourself, my user name is stevedixon, durrr.
    good luck.
    steve

I'm notAlone.

I'll try to install this on my whs server this weekend.

It seems to support flacs. I'll make available all my flacs, as well as the 320 CBRs (I have everything is two formats).

BTW: do we have a "list" of AoS members with Simplify accounts ?
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Lee.

Question for Touch Remote users: Does the Remote app on the Touch wake your mac if it's in sleep mode?

Thanks,
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345