+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha NS1000M - Tweaks

I'm shahrin.

Hi guys u see from my gear that i use some old sansui integrateds
    95 % of the time i have the au111 'flat' with tone defeat ON v occasionally on quiet listening i may turn on 'Prescence ' which bňosts bass a bit
    Very occasionally i might use filters to compensate fir crappy vinyl cd etc
    Not a purist
    I like that flexibility

If i were to go active w the ns1000 using the minidsp mentioned can i 'fiddle ' ?
    Could i set presets for a bit of bass boost etc
    Thanks for indulging me exploring this which is entirely new to me
    Last edited by drSM; 02-02-2016 at 23:43. Reason: add
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Simon.

I had a pair of Ncores here for a while. They sound great on the bass, but bring a somewhat steely edge to the mids and treble that sounds a touch synthetic. Not the best match with the Ns1000m
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by drSM View Post
    Hi guys u see from my gear that i use some old sansui integrateds
    95 % of the time i have the au111 'flat' with tone defeat ON v occasionally on quiet listening i may turn on 'Prescence ' which bňosts bass a bit
    Very occasionally i might use filters to compensate fir crappy vinyl cd etc
    Not a purist
    I like that flexibility

If i were to go active w the ns1000 using the minidsp mentioned can i 'fiddle ' ?
    Could i set presets for a bit of bass boost etc
    Thanks for indulging me exploring this which is entirely new to me
    Have my eye on one of these for my new Open Baffle project, this should have all the flexibility you want-

https://www.minidsp.com/products/min...inidsp-4x10-hd
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

In any case, if you are running actively nd want a little more bass, just turn up the amp driving the woofers a little.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Have my eye on one of these for my new Open Baffle project, this should have all the flexibility you want-

https://www.minidsp.com/products/min...inidsp-4x10-hd
    how many drivers in the ob ali??
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm shahrin.

Thats good news Thank you
    This project to 'activate' the ole yammies could b fun
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    how many drivers in the ob ali??
    Two Eminence Alpha 15", a Crystal D500 midrange horn and an Isophon DKT tweeter per side Grant. I was also looking at that unit as it gives me the option to go balanced.
    Last edited by Ali Tait; 03-02-2016 at 09:35.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I had a pair of Ncores here for a while. Not the best match with the Ns1000m
    Interesting Simon, I would suspect from this that you are running your Yammies with the stock passive crossover.

One of the things I have found with my active set up is it has a warmer richer mid section and highs compared to the original.
    If what you say is a trait of all the Hypex variants it might balance itself out, we will have to see, but thanks for the heads up.

I'm Mika.

Based on my experiences the hypex UcD (class D) modules and many similar ones are good for bass only as with the Be-drivers for the mids and treble the modules bit clinical and harsh sound become too obvious. Personally couldn't handle that sonic signature at all..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Ken.

Mika - What was your set up using UcD, was it 180/400/700 and which variant ST or HG, did you use the HxR regulators also?

Getting a bit concerned now.
    Last edited by Qwin; 03-02-2016 at 14:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast