+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shure Thing

I'm Andr'e.

Ive got a pack of Knickers that are too tight but i never mention them.. oops just did

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I'm very fond of my V15 T2, but the 'distant' treble gets to me after a while, especially on 70's pressings... My v15 III's have good diamonds on, but I really wish I'd bought an HE stylus for one of them, as it made such a huge musical improvement for whatever reason (can't 'just' have been the diamond, surely?).

The M55E is a great old timer, but I personally think the later Shures are better. Just my opinion though...

WHY can't Shure re-engineer some of the more popular styli? One of their ex-designers was going to have a go at small-scale production, but nothing ever seemed to come of it. Jico do a good job, but I don't think the fine details are the same and the SAS does change the V15 models it's fitted to, possibly for the better, but definitely not the same I'm informed by those who use(d) them.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Stephen.

Was the 91 any good? I have the body which came in an AR XB77.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kipling View Post
    Was the 91 any good? I have the body which came in an AR XB77.
    The M91ED was my favourite Shure, alongside the M93ED. I thought they just sounded better than others I tried, including the V15 and V15II. Not used a Shure properly for over thirty years now. Still using sixties and early seventies ADCs though (they are in a rather different league).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Send it me im almost certain you wont want it

I'm Stephen.

Is the body not common to others with differences down to the stylus?

I'm Andr'e.

Yeh terrible innit You wannit or not?

I'm Stephen.

Well, I do intend to get a stylus for it, just to hear what comes out.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The 91-ED had superior fixing with the deeper stylus moulding I think. Not sure if the mechanicals themselves were any different, or selected, over the ever popular 75-ED, but I always *thought* the 91-ED sounded a little bit better back then. The 93E was a 75-EJ equivalent.

In some ways, the best 75 era body is that from the 75-6S, as it'll take so many styli which are related in every way except the plastic mouldings and I never found the simple fixing 'clip' a handicap.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Clark.

I have a mint Shure M33-7 in it's box along with quite a few M75's of various types that I found at a boot fair many years ago. I keep meaning to give the 33 a go but have never got around to it.

Specs looks to be very good for it's time http://comparevehiclespecs.com/catalogs/1963_phono.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast