+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldring Lenco GL75

I'm James.

I have a few other mats I will try but believe the original works well, might be because its ribbed?

Switched it on tonight and only have the very faintest noise coming from the motor/bearing, pretty good after 30 years in a garage without use.

The original Shure cartridge even plays a few tunes without disgracing itself. Anyone got good ideas for a replacement that works well with the original arm?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have a few other mats I will try but believe the original works well, might be because its ribbed?

Switched it on tonight and only have the very faintest noise coming from the motor/bearing, pretty good after 30 years in a garage without use.

The original Shure cartridge even plays a few tunes without disgracing itself. Anyone got good ideas for a replacement that works well with the original arm?

Denon DL-110 is not too demanding, sounds nice and should work OK in the L75 arm, long as it's all done up tight.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Denon DL-110 is not too demanding, sounds nice and should work OK in the L75 arm, long as it's all done up tight.
    I am going to replace the V Blocks and give it a thorough going over before I strap another cartridge in. Just want to try it in stock form at its best before I do anything drastic as I have been assured that the arm isn't as bad as some people make out before they rip it off and replace it.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Andr'e.

Careful with some 'V' Block replacements i notice that there's no side wall on some.. The 'V' on the originals had a side wall like these replacements.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Careful with some 'V' Block replacements i notice that there's no side wall on some.. The 'V' on the originals had a side wall like these replacements.
    I used to make my own out of Tufnol without side walls. Seemed to work without problems.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

I have some with no side wall i find there is some sideways play

I'm Geoff.

I have some with no side wall i find there is some sideways play
    There is a bit of movement. I did not hear any adverse effects though. I suppose some teflon washers on each side of the arm could help.

I'm Louis.

Default Lenco vs. Scout

Jimbo,

While it may seem an unfair comparison, how does the Lenco sound to you compared to to your Scout.

The difference between my heavily modified Lenco and my VPI is substantial. Not really sure if its better, but it sure is different.

Louis

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
    Jimbo,

While it may seem an unfair comparison, how does the Lenco sound to you compared to to your Scout.

The difference between my heavily modified Lenco and my VPI is substantial. Not really sure if its better, but it sure is different.

Louis
    Hi Louis,

I have not compared the two turntables yet as the Lenco is in poor condition, not having been serviced in 30 years!
    When I have finished I will post up a comparison, will be interesting as they are two very different beasts

I'm James.

Seen some on ebay for £20
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldring-L...-/151565799428
    Are these up to the job?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast