+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new reference LDR pre amp

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Cheeky boy
    One of these arrived at Brian2957 mansion the other day http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30W-DC12V-...item19f893b712
    One of the real gents on AOS is kindly checking it out for me and performing his magic on it . The verdict is pretty good BTW
    Dontcha just love this forum and its fantastic members
    Be very interested in your thoughts/findings on this one Brian

Sorry for the thread drift .............
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Cheeky git !
    I even put two fuses in it! Bet your proud of me
    If my LDR pre is off with the power amp on (charging mode; not on purpose) there is a loud hum through the speakers. Just bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    £39!!! Thats incredible. The PSU I just made cost me £200, thats just for the raw parts, let a lone making a profit if I made it commercially.
    But is the PSU module as low noise as Lily's? Mind you, you could buy one (or 2) and replace those and it would still be cheaper!
    ABD.

I'm James.

I think both Lilly circuits were £23 together. I plan to give the Lilly board a good few months then swap it with the power supply boards that power my DDDAC as Stereo Coffee really liked the look of those.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm James.

I have pluged the new PSU into the loan Stereo Coffee LDR pre amp I have, I try to not look for things or read to much into my findings, but I could swear blind things sound better. I was already using a very good and well regarded PSU for the LDR pre, the one that I use for my DDDAC, but this one seems to have the edge, and hopefully it only improves.
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm James.

The eagle has landed, now I just have to find the time to wire it all up.

I'm Josie.

Ooooh!... Saucy!...

I'm Alrick.

Default Help with purchasing the transformers you are using

Hello iam building something similar to what you have built .having got two mono boards from stereo coffe .Can you please tell me where you purchased the transformers that you are using as I aim hoping to build a the same power supply for my boards .thanks a lot Aleman.

I'm James.

Sorry I never did update this thread, I got carried away with another project.
    Here is a picture of the finished psu . I got the rcore transformers from eBay, I'll have to find you a link. The trannies are massively bigger then they need to be, I think 80va in the end ;-)

I'm Josie.

very nicely done, Shane. - I did wonder the other day how it was going
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm James.

Here you go Alrick
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230V-80W-1...E:L:OC:GB:3160
    Shout if you have any questions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast