+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone used VideoLogic Sirocco setup?

I'm Alan.

Default Anyone used VideoLogic Sirocco setup?

Described as 'audio tat' by a relative who asked if I wanted it (is he kidding?).

Consists of a 5 channel amplifier plus a sub and two very tired satellite speakers.
    The amp has internal filtering so offers a 40W sub output below 130Hz, plus L&R outputs for mid range and separate treble with 20W per output.

Interestingly there is a control called 'attitude' which alters the mid/treble crossover frequencies together. This is going to make a very interesting active crossover with a bit of modification, adding extra line level outputs

The internals are quite tidy, there are 4 off LM1876T two channel chip amps:

The speakers are not so tidy, the sub is OK (6.5 inch) but the midrange drivers are somewhat shot, one has turned invisible

So has anybody used these? They are described as 'audiophile' computer speakers in the info found on-line

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Stephen.

In your excitement, you might have overlooked the fact that there's a driver missing.

I'm Martin.

Hi - I'm new here, and I have a VideoLogic Sirocco system (which is complete and in good condition!!)

I am using it as a TV speaker system - it sounds fantastic, but it is actually being under-used like that - it's too good!
    Anyway, happy to try and answer any questions you have about it, if I can.

In fact, it LOOKS like you just need two new mid-range drivers, (Audax AP100MO) which you might be able to find separately, to make your system sing!?

Here is the Pure Tech Support site:
    http://support-uk.pure.com/

Martin
    Last edited by mooblie; 14-03-2015 at 19:54.

I'm Alan.

Thanks for the post Martin, those speakers do look as if they would be suitable.

However............I have got a pair of Sony 4" drivers of 8 ohm impedance so I have fitted those. Here is what they look like now, not pretty but I could tart them up a bit.

This is during testing in the 'workshop', I have had to alter the voicing of the VideoLogic amplifier to get them to sound right.
    I think the Sony drivers are more efficient than the originals so I have taken out the high (treble) attenuation and put some gain in the sub channel.
    There still seemed to be a hole at high bass frequencies so I have lowered the frequency of the high pass filters feeding the satellite amplifiers, all a bit of guesswork.
    I had to swap the phase of the new mids as well as it did sound a bit peculiar, the tweeters and sub were in the opposite phase
    It now sounds pretty darn good, although the sub is a bit 'one noteish', could do with a bigger driver really as it is only a 6 1/2 incher.

Good for a workshop system though

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Ah, the nerve centre...map and all...this information i will send to my soviet masters
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Hello all,
    I have a wonderful Sirocco system. It's had both Mid drivers replaced with Audax drivers and one tweeter replaced with a generic 6 ohm.
    Apart from that, all original.
    I have no idea what to do with it now as I recently upgraded my TV system to Sonos and demoted the Bose Cinemate 15 to my PC.
    Therefore, the Sirocco is now... well..... on my shelf!

I'm Grant.

heres your pic Andrew
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Thank you Grant. I wondered where it went to.

I'm Andrew.

I have now decided albeit reluctantly to part with my Sirocco system. As a courtsy, I opffer it here if anyone would like it. If not, I will sell it to someone who just won't appreciate it like we do on fleabay.
    I have no idea of worth, so open to offers really.

+ Reply to Thread