+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition

I'm Andrei.

Default Petition

Moni Daniel's petition to have the SL1200 reinstated has received a reply:

[IMG][/IMG]

I guess Michiko san is from Panasonic or Matsushita. Its hard to say how promising this is, but still very interesting.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Jim.

Michiko is the Brand Director for Technics. I would imagine that they are looking into a turntable.

The basic problem is that wire wound motors need an awful lot of handwork, and that's expensive. There also likely isn't an off-the-shelf solution, so whatever drive motor is used, it's going to be custom. Again, expensive.

That said, I sincerely hope they do something, and do it right. But what if a SL-1200Mk7 (where they would be in the numbering scheme) is 2500 quid? It becomes significantly less fun then. The SL-1200 was always priced incredibly well because it was a mass-produced item. There will never be another turntable made in that quantity. Likely not even 1/10th the production number.

IMO, it would probably be more logical for them to re-introduce a SP-10, so they can charge big bucks and nobody flinch.
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Neil.

Based on the new Technics items, DAC/streamer/pre-amplifier all in one, power - amplifier just reviewed in HiFi News (a very average review if one reads between the lines) I doubt it will be so cheap, try £5000 + at a guess. If there is a turntable. The pre and power amp combo (must be used together due to a digital firewire link between pre and amp) retail for £18500

Technics today is ultra high end in price, if not so high end in performance based on the HiFi News review.

My guess is no one will know about it till it appears or never appears. Technics as a brand being brought back came out of the blue much to everyone's surprise.

Regards Neil

I'm Nodrog.

That reply says not a lot really does it? A way of making no commitment but merely saying that the Technics brand will be used to attract the faithful.

Don't build up your hopes based on this letter.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Based on the new Technics items, DAC/streamer/pre-amplifier all in one, power - amplifier just reviewed in HiFi News (a very average review if one reads between the lines) I doubt it will be so cheap, try £5000 + at a guess. If there is a turntable. The pre and power amp combo (must be used together due to a digital firewire link between pre and amp) retail for £18500

Technics today is ultra high end in price, if not so high end in performance based on the HiFi News review.

My guess is no one will know about it till it appears or never appears. Technics as a brand being brought back came out of the blue much to everyone's surprise.

Regards Neil
    Obviously trying for the ultra hi end market; may be a success in Japan, but I doubt at that price they will make much of a mark over here.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Obviously trying for the ultra hi end market; may be a success in Japan, but I doubt at that price they will make much of a mark over here.
    Agreed. Technics profile in the UK towards the end was pretty low end stuff, so I think trying to get UK based high end purchasers to take Technics seriously will be a very uphill struggle.

Regards Neil

Mike_New Guest

Just imagine, a new SL1200 MKxx fitted with my Bearing and ETP Platter external power supply and maybe a 3 position switch for adjusting the Phase shift constants. It would have to be worth $7,000.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_New View Post
    Just imagine, a new SL1200 MKxx fitted with my Bearing and ETP Platter external power supply and maybe a 3 position switch for adjusting the Phase shift constants. It would have to be worth $7,000.
    Yeah 'Phase Shift Constants' of course! Brilliant!! When you tell them; make sure you copy us a copy of your e-mail.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Clive.

SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Jim.

I don't know what he's getting at either...

SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

+ Reply to Thread