+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right channel drop out and splutter out of speaker

I'm Robert.

Default Right channel drop out and splutter out of speaker

I've suddenly started getting channel drop out and splutter from my right speaker. Not sure what's causing it but everything looks ok ie cabling interconnects, nothing looks amiss. I've been trying to find the sweet spot while doing vta adjust on the fly when it started. The sound from the left channel is fine, right continues to splutter with the sound bursting through occasionally then goes back to drop out, splutter, back, drop out etc My guess is the amp. It's a big Technics SU VX800. The channels on these 90's amps are known to play up over time but that's just a guess.......

I'm Grant.

If it is on all sources and switches to the other speaker when you change the speaker cables over etc, then I'd look for a dry joint or a pcb crack first. The were good amps.
    Last edited by struth; 17-01-2015 at 18:56.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

I'd try a spot of contact cleaner on the volume pot., I had what sounds like the same problem recently with an old Arcam amp..

A quick squirt, up and down with the control a few times and it now appears as good as new.

Hope it's a simple fix for you too.

All the best,

Phil.

I'm Robert.

Thanks Grant / Phil, I'll see how it goes and if it persists I'll start with the easy volume pot cleaner option first - I've got a tin of Servisol somewhere (Hope it aint it aint a dry / cracked joint somewhere as I cant be asked with that)

+ Reply to Thread