+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never any rest for the old Barbarian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andr'e.

Default Never any rest for the old Barbarian

Painted one of the living room walls yesterday. Looks ok.. Just finished making some Retro Teak shelving for the wall {simular sytle to the 60's Poul Cadovius shelving}, that's up as you can see, looks good. New Curtains & New carpet down this week.. It's Ok innit when the only time you get is on holiday..

I have an original starbust Metamec clock for the wall but needs a new Germanium 'AC122' transistor fitting in the mech.

Last edited by The Barbarian; 15-01-2015 at 23:11.

I'm Geoff.

I'm just totally redoing my living room. Been working on it bit by bit since before Xmas. Awkward 'cos I can't take furniture out, rest of house too full to take it. First time it's been done in years. Going light and modern this time. Was dark old & comfy. Doing white walls etc. Black leather chairs & studio couch, unusual looking light grey oak laminate floor & curtains. Light oak sideboard & shelf units. Trying to keep it light & simple. Coming together rather well actually.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Yeh ive been doing this since before crimbo but work just kept getting in the way. Im in the same boat i can't take the furniture out & ontop of that i have the new living room & new bedroom carpet across the living room as you can just see on the picture

I'm Geoff.

I quite like fitting carpet & flooring. It's just a knack I seem to have for some reason. Never did it for a living.

Have fun Andr'e.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Side board, will have to go in the hall the sofa in the kitchen while i fit it.

I'm Geoff.

Yeah. It's pretty hopeless fitting carpet when furniture is in the way. I know I've done it.

Here's my new flooring (& grey rug).

I had great fun doing it bit by bit across the room whilst shifting all the furniture around so I could work. It's done though and looks fine (if you like that sort of thing).

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Makes me feel bad as really my whole house needs decorating... new carpets and everything... I just need to stop buying hifi for a while to allow funds for it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Wait till spring Bev. The walls will have less moisture and dry better.

I've just done two rooms. Only a bathroom, hall/landing and two more bedrooms to go.

(plus a garage extension, two sheds to refurbish, fences to fix & treat, garden to chop back, cars to service, speakers and TT to build, etc., etc! )

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Wait till spring Bev. The walls will have less moisture and dry better.

I've just done two rooms. Only a bathroom, hall/landing and two more bedrooms to go.

(plus a garage extension, two sheds to refurbish, fences to fix & treat, garden to chop back, cars to service, speakers and TT to build, etc., etc! )
    I have purchased tiles and stuff to do the bathroom but they have been sitting about for a few months now, I must get round to doing it...I just can't get excited about it... only guitar playing and music playing seems to get my attention at the moment...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    but needs a new Germanium 'AC122' transistor fitting in the mech.
    Have you got a geranium transistor to go in it?
    I have a few in a small spares box if you need one.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast