+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorbothane / Wooden Cone Feet

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Sorbothane / Wooden Cone Feet

Anyone know if any of these 'feet' improve things..

I met someone recently who swears by little wooden turned cone feet for support under pretty much all their equipment... I don't see it myself.. he even used them under his Dac and said it improves it... I don't understand it as a Dac has no moving parts.. can anyone throw any light on this ?

Thanks
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Vibrations affect all equipment/ some more than others. I have used wooden cones and sorbothane feet. I prefer the latter. There are some good ones on the bay for reasonable money that do a great job and are as good , if not maybe as pretty as the ones at silly money.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Vibrations affect all equipment/ some more than others. I have used wooden cones and sorbothane feet. I prefer the latter. There are some good ones on the bay for reasonable money that do a great job and are as good , if not maybe as pretty as the ones at silly money.
    Thanks Grant... do you use Sorbothane under everything ? what sort of size should I use?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    can anyone throw any light on this ?

They do seem to have a place in some Hi-Fi situations. They can seem to be beneficial under CD players for some reason, but it's a very subjective thing. I have used alloy cones between speakers and stands to what seemed a useful effect. I'm with Grant on the Sorbothane, it's good under many items.

For speakers, it's hard to be sure what may be right. There's quite a lot of physical energy coming from and going through a speaker. My inclination would be to suggest they should be rigidly stood or mounted, possibly even weighted down.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

i used to use oak cones under everything..i still have them all just incase

I'm Grant.

Thanks Grant... do you use Sorbothane under everything ? what sort of size should I use?
    These are the kind of thing I use. You get different sizes dependant on weight etc. I have found them useful on everything I have tried them on including speakers. Example. in the studio I have the speakers on the same surface as everything. with the 30 mil pads no vibraton is transferred. They also work really well under a TT as extra isolation and seem to remove extraneous electro interference for some reason. They aint dear and are worth a shot.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Thanks so much for the link... I might give them a go... I guess it can only help... I have no TT but under the cd transport might be ok.. and if I feel flushed I'll try them under the amp and Dac as well...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

I have Sorbothane pads under my pre-amp and DAC. Nowhere else. The Dac has a slightly 'buzzy' transformer until it warms up and the pads definitely help keep it quiet. The pre-amp is a TVC unit and I suspect may benefit from isolation.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

My Oto has a very slight transformer 'buzz', nothing serious, but I guess it might benefit from some Sorbothane's.. the Dac is pretty much silent.. and I guess as the cd has moving parts it might benefit from some as well.. I'll order some and try them out.. thanks all...
    Bev

I'm Andrei.

he even used them under his Dac and said it improves it... I don't understand it as a Dac has no moving parts.. can anyone throw any light on this ?
    Thanks
    Thats the way I look at it too, but it seems to be beneficial. I would not put any sorbothane under the speakers though.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast