+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Things people wont talk about

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think saying 'I'm a doctor' or 'I'm a binman' is really going to help out a Nigerian fraudster but then what do I know?
    No, I shouldn't think so either - but then that wasn't really what I was trying to say.
    Account Deleted

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    You more or less answered the question. Damn if you do, and damn if you don't talk about it.

I had a funny experience on the 1st of Jan. My brother in law passed by for our traditional beginning of the year family dinner. Very few people in the family know what I actually do for a living. Most still think that I still work for my previous employer, and I never bothered to update them. Anyhow, we were playing some music and my brother in law noticed that I had a Caiman DAC and a Capella headphone amp. So he commented that I had treated myself to one of each as a Christmas present. But then he saw the name Beresford and it sort of hit him that there might be a connection somewhere. He was quite shocked that I was the same person that he had seen mentioned on forums and on ebay from time to time. I had never made it an issue to let my in-laws know what I do for a living these days.
    Was your brother-in-law not in awe? And did you not feel just a trifle smug, and wallow in the moment?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567