+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things people wont talk about

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I really don't have many "feelings". Probably got a bit jaded and 'heard it all before' at my age.

I don't like hearing about kids & animals having a bad time, but most other things tend to pass me by. Unless somebody is 'out of order', then I may show signs of 'feelings', but most of the time I go with the flow and little bothers me.
    Oh gawd, its not just me then.

Ronnie gets terribly exited about everything she sees wrong with the world and gets quite upset when I tell her that whilst I agree in principle, I really don't care that much any more. Caring deeply about injustice etc is for the young or those that can do something about it. I did all that and now want to try and relax and enjoy whats left - which sadly, is not that much.

You get to the age where you really have seen it all before and there is nothing about humans and their squabbles about bugger all important that surprises.

Sad maybe but true. Just leave me alone to play.

I'm Neil.

Default Things people wont talk about

People refuse to look into the science behind 9/11 and in particular allowed WTC7 to brush over them. I'm not saying I know who did it but there were demolition techniques employed for sure.

Oh it's about making money. I am a founding member of a digital marketing agency and mainly work with retail websites' development and marketing campaigns. I dropped out of teacher training and had a short stint in the army at 18. Have always been an IT geek though...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

I've had a fair few jobs over the years - stacking shelves, tending bar, security guard, admin, credit controller, customer relations, sales, vehicle leasing and sales and now back in credit control for the last 8 years. None of them were well paid except for sales, and you really had to earn your money with that. Up until I started this job I always had a few other money-making irons on the fire to supplement my income. The best of those was internet poker: I had a system worked out and made quite a bit of money doing that in the evenings and weekends, more than my day job so when I got made redundant I went pro in 2006, - working from home 25 hours a week. Mmmm tax free income Got bored after 6 months sat in the house on my own so went back to working for the man.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nodrog.

On subject.....retired on pension but do regular shows selling my woodturnings which generate enough to keep the wolf from the door. Plus Ronnie runs an English Rose nursery. Now comfortable but far from flush. She gets her pension in July so I can spend a bit more of her money on some hi-fi.

I'm Alan.

Body odour and halitosis.
    I had the unfortunate experience of working with a chap that had BO, in quite a small workshop. Never did get around to broaching the subject
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I had the unfortunate experience of working with a chap that had BO, in quite a small workshop. Never did get around to broaching the subject
    Yikes yup!!!

I had a boss who thought that using deodorant was effeminate!! In the summer, we kept all the windows wide and only ventured into his office on matters of extreme urgency.I had a chat the day I left and he wondered why no-one had mentioned it before!!!!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I had the unfortunate experience of working with a chap that had BO, in quite a small workshop
    I know what you mean Alan, try sleeping on a tour bus with someone like that in the opposite bunk. Top tour bus tip number 12- take a tape measure to bed with you, you can pull out the tape, prod them with it until they turn around ( stink mouth not facing you), then retract tape.
    I earn from walking about fields, stately home gardens, concert halls etc, with radio in one hand, phone in the other, whilst talking to some knuckle scraping roadies and ticking off some artist who though it was ok to take the key to his bands dressing room with him when he went into town, then showing said artist where to hide, as band wanted to give him a slap for making them wait in the greenroom with a band they did not get on with. Spinal Tap so true.
    Many years ago i worked as a knife thrower for several circuses ( modern type, no red nose clowns to be seen).
    When i was a young lad , i was a stone mason, still do the odd job, these days mainly bespoke bathrooms ( slate, trav etc).
    Good to see you back Andre....
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

There’s simply no excuse whatsoever for Bravo Oscar. A bit of soap and water costs nothing!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shane.

A long time ago I worked in a hifi shop. Lots of fun but no money.
    Then I worked for a hifi manufacturer. Lots of fun but not much more money.
    Then I worked in another hifi shop. Lots of fun but even less money.
    Then I worked for a TV factory. No fun at all, not much money.
    Then I spent 20 years in a semiconductor factory. Interesting and fun, a bit more money but I got made redundant.
    Then I was a self-employed mortgage advisor. Surprisingly enjoyable, almost made some money but 2006 wasn't a good year to start in finance.
    Now I work 12 hour shifts in a call centre. Crap, but better than nothing.
    Pensionable age in 2 years time, but probably can't afford to retire.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Not making any, out of a job at the mo. :-(
    Sorry to hear that Ali. Been there myself and it's horrible Are you doing any voluntary work to fill in time? I've long gone past the time of hoping for long term work, although I really enjoy my current two 'jobs,' although neither are set in stone, as the contracted one could end in August (crossing fingers very hard it doesn't) and the other one varies, although I'd like to do this full time as I really love it and get to play more music
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast