+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vintage or Mod

I'm John.

Anyone heard a Kenwood 3020 SE, they're available for next to nowt and have read some reasonable reviews about them.
    Trouble is I'm totally skint so whatever I get will have to be fully funded by the sale of my Sony TA-F6B (which is up for sale on here now).

I'm asking around £200 but am open to offers or swops, just not sure I'll get anything worthwhile for that sort of cash.
    I don't like ebay and would prefer to deal on here with trustworthy like minded people.

If not I've seen the Sansui amp that matches my CDP for around £150 new.

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post
    Anyone heard a Kenwood 3020 SE, they're available for next to nowt and have read some reasonable reviews about them.
    Trouble is I'm totally skint so whatever I get will have to be fully funded by the sale of my Sony TA-F6B (which is up for sale on here now).

I'm asking around £200 but am open to offers or swops, just not sure I'll get anything worthwhile for that sort of cash.
    I don't like ebay and would prefer to deal on here with trustworthy like minded people.

The Kenwood 3020SE I know well - I've sorted out my folks with a system of the Kenwood driven by a Denon 2900 with JBL 4410's on the end.

I have to say, while the Kenwood is a perfectly decent amp, better, I would say, than the NAD bearing the same model number, and in my folks system noticeably bettering the Sugden A48 it replaced, I have heard the JBL's sound much better, with the same front end but with my Luxkit or JVC amp driving them.

For the sound quality it gives, though, the Kenwood is a bargain for its well-under-a-hundred-quid second hand price.

The HK 6550 I recommended earlier is in a different league to the Kenwood as an amp, though. If you can find one at a decent price, you might well find it's a keeper in your system. It really is that good.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post

I think you're undervaluing your amp. I'm sure one sold here on AOS with dodgy vu meters for more than you are asking.

I bet if you put it on ebay with a starting price of £200 you might get a pleasant surprise. Anything with it's own Vintage Knob page tends to get good prices. Here's your amp. Link to it in your ads.

Also stick it on gumtree at £350 or near offer and gradually drop the price if you get no responses. You might attract a local buyer. I've bought most of my vintage kit locally through gumtree at or near the asking as I value not entrusting it to couriers.

I'm Tony.

That was my amp, it never sold on here or on any other forum it sold on ebay with one bidder for £255.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    I think you're undervaluing your amp. I'm sure one sold here on AOS with dodgy vu meters for more than you are asking.

I bet if you put it on ebay with a starting price of £200 you might get a pleasant surprise. Anything with it's own Vintage Knob page tends to get good prices. Here's your amp. Link to it in your ads.

Also stick it on gumtree at £350 or near offer and gradually drop the price if you get no responses. You might attract a local buyer. I've bought most of my vintage kit locally through gumtree at or near the asking as I value not entrusting it to couriers.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    That was my amp, it never sold on here or on any other forum it sold on ebay with one bidder for £255.

Tony
    Thanks for clarifying Tony. Makes me think that £300+ should be achievable for one in fwo with good vu meters that is also in nice clean cosmetic condition. Might be worth an ebay listing with a starting price of £250.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Tony. Makes me think that £300+ should be achievable for one in fwo with good vu meters that is also in nice clean cosmetic condition. Might be worth an ebay listing with a starting price of £250.
    It's on ebay now with a BIN of £229.00.

I'm Dan.

Testing the water with Kenwood 3020SE thats being delivered in the next hour cheap enough to try and still a profit to be made if i dont like it.
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123