+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony.. who needs the human touch?

I'm David.

Default Sony.. who needs the human touch?

"face detection" was bad, "smile shutter" - the mode that only fires the shutter when the subject smiles was worse... but this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09...ypartyshot.asp

really takes the bloody biscuit

seriously.. why would anyone buy this? if today was the 1st april i would definatly right this off as a joke!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Gints.

hmm, if we can replace smile detection with something else (maybe detection for non smiling faces), then it can be a quite nice security device.
    Last edited by Gints; 15-08-2009 at 11:01.

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    "face detection" was bad, "smile shutter" - the mode that only fires the shutter when the subject smiles was worse... but this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09...ypartyshot.asp

really takes the bloody biscuit

seriously.. why would anyone buy this? if today was the 1st april i would definatly right this off as a joke!
    Hi Hamish,
    Time to pack in the business, you are now redundant, who wants an expensive photographer when this will do it all for free, won't get drunk on the host's booze, piss on the flowers and insult the more sensitive guests .
    Time to go back to the music shop full time .
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm David.

I was going to come back with something cleve but I guess in this day and age you I've to be quite sensible about what you say about your business in places the general public have access to... So I'm going to be quite boring and say:
    il have you know I'm very profesional ...
    im in the shop today, it's so quiet! It's soul destroying!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

We just had this guy come in, it seemed, just to tell me about the products we sell.... And then start "willy waving" about his cameras... Like I hive a toss about your Nikon d80 mate..... He says "I am a pro, don't you know?" ... I just nod and smile "I also work in theatre lighting" nod and smile "so I know about this sort of thing" nod and smile "i'm also a softwear engineer, so there isn't much I don't know about modern technology" nod and smile "I'm interested in the difference between the d90 and d3000" I say "well neither are really a big step up from your d80 unless you want video mode" his reply "oh, I don't want either o just would like to know about them" ........
    That customer interaction pretty much sums up my day so far! like I said ... Soul destroying!!

I'm Shaun.

LOL... In 2005 I did a stint in an Asda Photo Centre in their rather large store in Grimsby/Lincolnshire as a stopgap to something better and used to laugh my socks off at the number of professional photographers who came in asking us to run off their prints for them with the back print turned off so that no one would know they had been printed by Asda. I also used to howl at the so called 'models' (spoken with faux Barbie voice) who came in to have their portfolio photographs printed by us. Jesus... it was a fun time.

+ Reply to Thread