+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only in America! Toddler Shoots Mother Dead in Supermarket.

I'm Geoff.

Default Only in America! Toddler Shoots Mother Dead in Supermarket.

Apparently and tragically, a two year old has shot its mother dead after getting hands on a loaded gun in a handbag during a shopping expedition. How nuts (and horrible) is that? The victim, sadly, is probably to blame. A loaded gun presumably cocked and with safety off and within reach of a small child. That's crazy. The gun had to be ready to fire, a two year old would almost certainly not know how to click the 'safety' off or have the strength to cock the weapon, let alone operate a single action type. What a stupid and obviously sad thing!!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Apparently and tragically, a two year old has shot its mother dead after getting hands on a loaded gun in a handbag during a shopping expedition. How nuts (and horrible) is that? The victim, sadly, is probably to blame. A loaded gun presumably cocked and with safety off and within reach of a small child. That's crazy. The gun had to be ready to fire, a two year old would almost certainly not know how to click the 'safety' off or have the strength to cock the weapon, let alone operate a single action type. What a stupid and obviously sad thing!!!
    That is very sad indeed....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Typical America

S.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Typical America

S.
    So it seems. Useless gun laws. Not that the UK gun regs are working these days. Anybody caught with a gun should have it used on them (same with knives).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Anybody caught with a gun should have it used on them (same with knives).
    I agree totally...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The second amendment has been the cause and justification of a lot of indiscriminate killing over the years, and I don't suppose this incident will change things one bit!
    This incident is sad, but the attitudes towards gun ownership in the USA will not change because of it.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Sam.

So it seems. Useless gun laws. Not that the UK gun regs are working these days. Anybody caught with a gun should have it used on them (same with knives).
    Uh? I guess that would apply to farmers and hunters, Prince Harry et al too? Or only unlicenced guns? Capital punishment for not having the right licence is probably the most extreme "bring back hanging" opinion I've heard in a long while. If incorrect licencing is that bad we should also apply capital punishment for car licencing, alchohol licencing, dog breeding etc etc... Fill in the form wrongly or let it expire for a few days.. Bang Bang! Won't be making that mistake again!

I'm only teasing but I do believe in a right to trial before ANY punishment.

e.g. I know someone who was thrown in a cell over night after walking home from a job working as a chippy (event carpenter) and still had his multi-tool with knife still in his trouser pocket after having used it at work. Was stop and searched on his way home, whilst still dressed in work gear and with other work tools in his bag. No charges in the end but thrown in a cell over night for "carrying a knife", released at 5am, back on site where he would be using his knife again at 8am. Not aware that simply carrying a knife is a crime at all, only the intent to use it in a criminal way for which there needs to be reasonable suspicion. I imagine the police were using it as a way of massaging their anti-knife crime figures, perhaps even deliberately arresting young white men to make their figures look a little less racially slanted towards young black men (there was controversy before about London police doing that for stop and search figures, just doing random stop and search on middle-class, middle-aged white people on high streets masked as some kind of street safety thing with everyone very compliant of course).

I'm Sam.

The gun laws are crazy enough but what is more astounding is the attitude that one is safer by carrying one..

I'm Anthony.

Poor child who is gonna explain this when they get older
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    The gun laws are crazy enough but what is more astounding is the attitude that one is safer by carrying one..
    Yep - I wonder what proportion of the gun-toters actually encounter a situation where they would want to use it? Tiny, I am sure.
    But it's one of those "rights" that that freedom loving nation clings to.

I met an American guy who was very proud that he was the first on his block to own a submachinegun as a self defence weapon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast