+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intergrated amplifiers

I'm Andy.

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Chris.

+2 for the Sugden.

I have had both the A21a and the A21a2L with ProAc Response 1sc and it's a great pairing. Not a huge amount of difference between the two amps but the series 2 just edges it with the extra power and control.

I'm bernard.

Paul
    Thanks for the advice I shall try and get a demonstration.

Bernie

I'm bernard.

Martin
    Thanks for the advice on the ampplifiers it really helped.

Bernie

I'm Anthony.

Look towards luxman accuphase and mcintosh....you can some sale bargains or ex dem units in the new year
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm bernard.

Thanks Anthony

Bernie

I'm Phil.

there are an awful ot of people who like the modwright option and its great to have a very good uk dealer in Malvern . I would be going for that option
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andrei.

Bernard
    I've had the Perreaux Eloquence 250 in my system but not heard it with ProAcs. These things are so well built that you will end up leaving them to your grand-children. They have a high Class A bias (about 13 watts) but will not overheat on extended listening. In terms of sound they are similar to ATC SIA150 and my one word description would be 'effortless'. I read the review in Hi-Fi world and in my humble opinion the author did not gild the lily.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Mika.

As McIntosh has already been mentioned I can recommend to try out MA-2275 integrated. It has similar KT88 based topology than legendary MC-275 power amp does, and pretty capable preamp section too with decent tube MM phonostage. Also extra pair of preamp outs for the subwoofer if needed. I have one of these in use with my system and it sounds absolutely stunning, plenty of control being valve amp with really special midrange and non fatiguing treble. I think this should match nicely with Proacs.

At the moment these seem to be pretty cheap at 2nd hand e.g. from Sweden http://hifimagasinet.com/fannonsDeta...?annonsID=3045
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Spot on Paul, l have owned and enjoyed a good few ProAc loudspeakers and in my book you do not get to hear what they are capable of unless given a lot of power behind them.
    Some models yes, but not the Tablets, my experience contradicts Paul's but there you go that's audio for you, no one true valid experience.

I had wonderful experiences with Tablets and a 25 watt Class A Audio Innovations amp, no drive issues.

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast