+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another " l need educating" thread.

I'm Andy.

Default Another " l need educating" thread.

Again, ( like my what is so special about vintage Tannoy thread) this thread is just for fun and education, l read a lot of the Croft/ Harbeth combination, a lot of people use and seem extremely happy with the combination of the two- so what is so good about the combination?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andrew.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo please dont expand this thread! Harbeth is a brand I always fancied but never quite got round to trying. I've spent all 2014 thinning down my collection, could 2015 see me expanding again with some Harbeth's?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Again, ( like my what is so special about vintage Tannoy thread) this thread is just for fun and education, l read a lot of the Croft/ Harbeth combination, a lot of people use and seem extremely happy with the combination of the two- so what is so good about the combination?
    Don't recall you having one. Did I contribute?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't recall you having one. Did I contribute?
    Yes you did Geoff.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Dave.

Both great products, so they work well together. Simples.

It's a combination I sell loads of.

I'm Ian.

Like I can resist this thread !!! Harbeth P3ESRs, best small speaker (I should sooo say mini monitor) I've ever heard and my room is 12 x 12 feet and they work in it perfectly. I've messed about (and had so much fun) with so many amps and speakers but when I partnered these with Croft everything just clicked into place. Timbre, that cliche 'window into the music', midrange, vocals, realism. Imaging and soundstage are stunning, though this is affected in a negative way when a large Christmas tree is plonked in between them but hey ho, or ho ho ho.

The speakers are far too close to the wall than is recommended but that's the reality, and they still sound perfect. I have expensive acoustic treatment behind them, otherwise known as heavy curtains. WAF 110% and my word they cost !

I've lost all desire to change anything and this just hasn't entered my mind for simply ages.

That bloke Dave at Radlett seems a decent chap ;-)

Rexton, Yorks isn't far from Nottingham, if you're pondering and want a listen you'd be very welcome. My tea of choice is Yorkshire so you'd be at home ! Andy, Essex is bloody miles away but ditto !

I'll be trying them with Croft modded Leak 20 monos in the NY. Why wouldn't you. When I first got the Harbs I had a Leak 20 and it worked incredibly well with them, though they did need just that bit more power. The Series 7 power amp to my mind sounds so close to the Leak, which is exactly what I wanted, but does so with more grunt as required.

Anyhoo, stop posting Croft/Harb posts, it's like asking me if I want another pint on a Friday night ;-)
    Last edited by IHP; 21-12-2014 at 16:26.

+ Reply to Thread