+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyrus amp and Mission Speakers

I'm Ray.

Hi-fi is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You think you've got it and there is just a lot more hay to sort through.

Just come across the Pioneer A400 which also sounds like a nice amp. How about the Pioneer A400 V Denon's PMA-350SE?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by raygreen View Post
    Hi-fi is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You think you've got it and there is just a lot more hay to sort through.

Just come across the Pioneer A400 which also sounds like a nice amp. How about the Pioneer A400 V Denon's PMA-350SE?
    A400 is a decent sounding amp. PMA-350SE has more punch. Both OK though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

I would say they have more in common than not... Although the Denon phono stage is better than the Pioneer.

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    I would say they have more in common than not... Although the Denon phono stage is better than the Pioneer.
    Just bought the Denon PMA-350SE for £79. Looks in good nick and even if there is no phono I think it's a good price (mainly use CD and will be more Spotify shortly). Any opinions how this will pair up with my Mission 751's?

I'm Geoff.

The Denon will drive any normal speaker without bother and sound good.

Let us know how you get on with it. It offers a lot for that sort of money, you'd have to spend a good few hundred quid to better it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Let us know how you get on with it. It offers a lot for that sort of money, you'd have to spend a good few hundred quid to better it.
    I will keep you posted. Looking forward to comparing it to my old Arcam Apha. Thank you all for your advice and comments. It has been really helpful.

I'm Ray.

There has been a cock up with the PMA-350SE. Was listed wrong (whybuynew) and is not available. The amp is the PMA-700AE. Available at the same price in silver but does anyone know if it is as good as the PMA-350SE?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by raygreen View Post
    There has been a cock up with the PMA-350SE. Was listed wrong (whybuynew) and is not available. The amp is the PMA-700AE. Available at the same price in silver but does anyone know if it is as good as the PMA-350SE?
    What a cock up! The PMA-700AE is not one I've used. What Hi-Fi slated it though. Ask for your money back! Merry Christmas!

I'm Ray.

What a cock up! The PMA-700AE is not one I've used. What Hi-Fi slated it though. Ask for your money back! Merry Christmas!
    Couldn't find anything recommending the PMA-700AE so the search goes on. Spotted an A400 and the PMA-350SE will crop up again. Just finding them in good condition as I am a bit of a stickler for looking after my equipment.

I'm James.

Thats annoying !

I've got all of the service manuals [bit of a collector] & the 700AE is just an update of the same circuit used in the 350SE/355UK with a few component substitutions... Lazy Denon are ... Or perhaps "if it 'aint broke don't fix it" would be more apt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast