+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS- Croft pre amp

I'm Mark.

Thanks Jimbo,
    Apologies all - no intention at deception !
    Looking back I did post an original 'Hello' as well as a couple of follow up posts, but they were a few years back.

I should go back to that post and give the update as to where things are now.

My ST20 came with a crummy Varislope that out of loyalty I felt I should try and use. Glenn fettled that sufficiently to have it working with the power amp, but he gave me a huge warning .... That it was basically rubbish: And he was right, that unit is now in the loft in a box, I used it for a short while then bought ............ STOP - I'll tell that story elsewhere as it has little to do with this thread.

I'm Mark.

Thanks Jimbo,
    Apologies all - no intention at deception !
    Looking back I did post an original 'Hello' as well as a couple of follow up posts, but they were a few years back.

I should go back to that post and give the update as to where things are now.

My ST20 came with a crummy Varislope that out of loyalty I felt I should try and use. Glenn fettled that sufficiently to have it working with the power amp, but he gave me a huge warning .... That it was basically rubbish: And he was right, that unit is now in the loft in a box, I used it for a short while then bought ............ STOP - I'll tell that story elsewhere as it has little to do with this thread.

PS - I note something on ebay for £175, which is clearly a Croft box, but I have no idea what it is, if it's any good as a starting point to mod ?
    The seller is in Norwich/Norfolk and it marked as collection only - so a long way to go if it's a 'crock'.

I'm Andrew.

I now use the Croft pre amp and it's been VERY heavily modded. There should be a thread somewhere on the forum detailing the mods.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mark.

Continuing my search for a Croft pre-amp (in no great hurry but miffed that I seem to have missed so many in the last 6 months) - does anybody know the owner of this one advertised on Gumtree?
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/amplifiers...amp/1223269950

It is about 3x what I had in mind paying, but ............ !

I'm Lawrence.

Does seem a bit steep but if it's got a separate PSU box (from Glenn) then it won't have been cheap.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl turner View Post
    Continuing my search for a Croft pre-amp (in no great hurry but miffed that I seem to have missed so many in the last 6 months) - does anybody know the owner of this one advertised on Gumtree?
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/amplifiers...amp/1223269950

It is about 3x what I had in mind paying, but ............ !
    I can't see it

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
    I can't see it
    Possibly sold, but I think Gumtree have time limits on ads so it might reappear

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Possibly sold, but I think Gumtree have time limits on ads so it might reappear
    Yes, I looked earlier yesterday evening and it was still up - but later it had dropped off. He may have sold it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123