Thread: well done uk - 2015 BUYER'S GUIDE: TURNTABLES $1500-$5000

I'm scott.

Default well done uk - 2015 BUYER'S GUIDE: TURNTABLES $1500-$5000

I'm Grant.

The project 10 is a nice deck. I quite like the look of the Sota as well
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

All nice decks, but no Inspire in there? I'd junk at least one of the listings in return for some more independent UK manufactures.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    All nice decks, but no Inspire in there? I'd junk at least one of the listings in return for some more independent UK manufactures.
    It's taken a while, but I'm learning with forums. In my naieve youff I used to think "wow, how do these guys get to see and try all this stuff"? Now I realise they don't. They just express opinions based on some other criteria. I have only heard one of those decks. It has had a few issues getting production reliable, and the arm is tricky to set up, but the result with that arm and it's thread bearing is very unexpected. You may have noticed the bearing is from the flagship ak47. Draw your own conclusions. Especially if looking for a world class arm at ordinary money. Wasn't there a theme somewhere in another thread about no true innovation since the 50's. Which product there has something truly different from all the others you've seen or tried? Yeah sure - he's my mate. But he does try to truly innovate rather than polish up old ideas.

I'm Josie.

Like in my patch which is video games, and in music, reviewers are generally pussy cats. It's mostly about who you know, who you wine and dine that gets you a place in a list such as that.

I'm Richard.

Jo

No, I didnt mean the reviewers. I meant forum members commenting on what has been reviewed like they've actually heard it - when actually they are just repeating somebody elses comments, or guessing based on existing prejudices or perceptions, or what it looks like. But they haven't actually heard the bit of kit.

Regarding reviews, that may be the case to an extent, although in Arthurs case he is a tiny fish, and certainly so in the US (His distributor may buy a lot of drinks for all I know, but I hae me strong doots). In my day the magazines were swayed by advertising spend - if Linn had a full colour full page ad booked for every issue 12 months in advance, it took a brave reviewer (or one planning a new career elsewhere) to fail to recognise the merits of whatever they sent for review. Arthurs advertising spend is parish magazine stuff. He perhaps picks up a bit of kudos as an industry ikon, but he certainly has no wining and dining budget.

I'm peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Jo

No, I didnt mean the reviewers. I meant forum members commenting on what has been reviewed like they've actually heard it - when actually they are just repeating somebody elses comments, or guessing based on existing prejudices or perceptions, or what it looks like. But they haven't actually heard the bit of kit.
    The single greatest truth. What would happen if enthusiasts only made specific references to stuff they had actually heard, in reliable conditions? I suppose some forums would be half empty. The more kit I have heard , the more I have come to suspect that most 'truths' in audio are just constantly repeated cliches. The one sure thing is that the range of personal opinions is quite amazingly wide. One persons' 'greatest' will be another persons' 'strictly average.' No getting round that.

I'm Grant.

who commented that theyd heard it like?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm scott.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    TAS only list equipment with a importer in the USA

+ Reply to Thread