+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real Bookshelf Speakers

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Real Bookshelf Speakers

I'm very intrigued by these Musical Encyclopedia Speakers - made by Videotron, who appear to be Hungarian - does anyone know anything about them? I've tried google, but my Hungarian is rubbish!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Philip.

I vaguely remember these speakers as I used to have a pair of Videoton Minimax 2,I would imagine the driver surrounds would have decayed by now after 30 years .I cant ever remember seeing a review maybe two 2 1/2inch drive units in the spine of the book?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Thanks Smithy, I'm sure they're absolute pony, but I just thought they were a novel idea! (geddit!)

Feel free everyone to add your literary pun even if you've got nothing to add about the speakers... if you've got the spine for it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks Smithy, I'm sure they're absolute pony, but I just thought they were a novel idea! (geddit!)

Feel free everyone to add your literary pun even if you've got nothing to add about the speakers... if you've got the spine for it!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nick.

I've got a feeling the seller is missing the optional but very necessary and weighty third volume, aka 'The Sub'...

Methinks you'd only be getting half the story without it
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I remember well the Minimax - very crude and rough sounding, but full of fun nonetheless, rather like a *really" crude Royd or Linn Kan. One of those speakers that may just work with a top end system driving them.

I'd sooner look for some Denon (Mission?) SCM7's (no, they're not scum - honest)...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

Yup, I did a review of them for Practical Hi-Fi. Rough as a badger's arse I seem to recall, lively but lightweight and small sounding.

I did think they would be a limited volume, and my music library would be wasted on them. I will take a leaf out of your book DSJR you can't beat proper speakers - we're on the same page there... (Sorry, I'll stop now - thanks for playing Nick!)

I still like them for the novelty value, but probably not enough to bid!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread