+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Afternoon All

I'm Rupert.

Smile Good Afternoon All

Good Afternoon Everybody,

My name is Rupert and I live In Godalming, Surrey. Been brought up listening to my parents classic Rock/Blues/80's/Reggae music collection and now listen to a whole range of different Genres. Been in a few bands (Funk in school for example when I was going through the chilli's/James Brown stage) and currently play Drums in a Dream Pop band that you could say sounds a bit like the Cure meets the Smiths. Two drummers in the house so you can imagine how much our parents love us!

Currently I'm listening to FLAC's from my PC or CD's through a old Cambridge audio player, connected to the recently purchased Beresford Capella headphone amp (which I cannot recommend enough, so many great options to tweak the sound etc) and through my 600 ohm Beyer DT 880's. At this present time I'm on the hunt for a good value DAC to put in the chain so any recommendations would be welcome please?

Thanks all

Rupert

I'm Grant.

welcome Rupert, i hope you find your dac. if you ask for suggestions in a thread either in blank canvas most likely or digiial i am sure youll get a number of reccomendations

cheers grant
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Welcome and enjoy your time with us.

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Rupert.

Geoff.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Rupert. Welcome from me too.

You've come to the right place, just about every aspect of Hi-Fi gets covered here.

Enjoy AOS,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Rupert,

I'm sure there will be plenty of advice and recommendations for a good quality, high value-for-money DAC coming your way.

Having been through your parent's "classic Rock/Blue/80's/Reggae music collection", what are your current tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Rupert.

Hi Barry,

Currently I'm going through quite a big Dream Pop / Nostalgia Phase. You could say its got that 80's reverb sound mixed with a modern electronic feel. Artists include: The Bilinda Butchers, Ice Choir, Washed out, Tesla Boy etc. On the other hand most days I listen to one of, if not my favourite band of all time Tool. I do like a bit of Prog Rock/Metal, musical genius's in my opinion. Every time I listen to a record of there's I hear something new that I haven't picked up on. It just blow's your mind.

Thanks for all the support so far!

+ Reply to Thread