+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State of the Nation

I'm Confused.

Default State of the Nation

Am I the only person that finds it incredulous that Prat Mandelson (I refuse to call him 'Lord') is in charge of the country at the moment, particularly as, according to the Sunday papers, he is trying to get the law changed that prevents a Lord from standing for parliament and thereby enable him to succeed Brown as PM?
    And don't forget, the pillock hasn't even been elected by anybody lately, he's just been appointed to one gravy train after another. He's been sacked from Government twice for offences that would result in any non-politician being dragged before a judge and here he is running the bloody country . Where the hell is the country going?
    Grumpy Old Man, Sheffield.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Where the hell is the country going?
    to shit...

but, im going to keep out of this one... its gets me to irate and i have wedding customers to shmoose in a bit
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm joe.

I tend to just assume that all politicians are lying bastards, always have been and always will be. Keeps the blood pressure down.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I tend to just assume that all politicians are lying bastards, always have been and always will be. Keeps the blood pressure down.
    It does help but this one's running the country and we didn't elect him! Our democracy ain't perfect but it's not normally that bad.

I'm Steve.

The thing is the vast majority of politicians of all flavours are in it for two reasons, money and power. Everything they have said and done in the last 3 months has proved that to be true. The only choice available to you is the lesser of 3 evils.

Oh, re Mandy...

In June 2009, Peter Mandelson was promoted and gained one of the longest titles in political history, Baron Mandelson of Foy in the County of Herefordshire and Hartlepool in the County of Durham, First Secretary of State, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Lord President of the Council.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    The thing is the vast majority of politicians of all flavours are in it for two reasons, money and power. Everything they have said and done in the last 3 months has proved that to be true. The only choice available to you is the lesser of 3 evils.

Oh, re Mandy...

In June 2009, Peter Mandelson was promoted and gained one of the longest titles in political history, Baron Mandelson of Foy in the County of Herefordshire and Hartlepool in the County of Durham, First Secretary of State, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Lord President of the Council.
    I'm sure his title could be reduced in length - I think four or five letters would be sufficient.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post

Oh, re Mandy...

In my very humble opinion...................the above could be distilled down into SCUM BAG. Thank you.

His is a perfect case for there being no accountability in modern New Labour. Be a naughty boy, sit on the naughty step for awhile (EEC in his case) and then come back all is forgiven. Any one else, i.e US, would have spent some time in a prison.

IMVHO UK politics has sunk to an all time low. Well as people from my neck of the woods don't really have a say, its up to the UK mainland to vote them out....and God help you all (and me) if you don't.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Hague, who himself is a bit dodgy, shown here having a go at mandy and others..

You may be right by the way Neil

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.c...mandelson.html

Last edited by aquapiranha; 13-08-2009 at 22:50.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread