+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sad day for me

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    She looks lovely Frank, think of all the good time you had with her and smile. I know when my first dog passed away we were heartbroken, but at some point soon you will come to the conclusion that its the right time for a new doggy pal and a new K9 adventure will start.
    She was a total sweetie Ben, a very special dog.

A few years ago we used to foster Greyhounds that came straight out of the racing kennels. None were house trained, they would go berserk at the tiniest movement from the smallest of animals and to be honest they stank to high heaven when we picked them up. Had some oddball characters through our hands I can tell you, like the ones that would hide in a corner and simply not come out, others that were aggressive or boisterous, but our chilled out laid back stance soon brought them round, especially with an excellent role model in Jazz our boy dog. The worst was the lack of toilet training and even with a heavy gauge plastic sheet put down on the carpet in my listening room by the back door, there was many an 'accident' I can tell you. There were countless times when I would try to listen to my system in a dense heavy smell of ammonia that took your breath away even with the window open. Was it worth it all? You betcha.

Jenny came to us as an emergency re-homing. The previous owners had two Greyhounds, a boy and a girl. The wife had the boy dog as hers and Jenny was the husband's dog. The story we got was that the husband was caught out having an affair so she threw him out and as Jenny was "his" dog, she got locked out in the shed in the middle of winter. Wasn't quite a bag of bones but not far off, her fur was falling out in fistfuls and her teeth were totally rotten. We knew all along that one day a dog would come to us as a foster and not depart, so what the heck convinced to keep a basket case like Jenny? Despite her treatment and condition, she was so gentle and loving, adoring being petted and stroked, tail constantly wagging and wanting to be with you and to please you. Training her was a doddle and they say that Greyhounds are too daft to be trained. Rubbish.

There will never be another Jenny.

I'm jeff.

We lost our first dog (another border collie) unexpectedly this year and the effect on the family was also unexpectedly devastating...so bad I went a got the new dog within a week. I lost my leg 2 weeks ago.....losing the dog was way harder.

The new dog is not a replacement character but does fill the dog shaped hole which is inexplicable but definitely real.

You won't forget her but for us getting another pdq was the best thing we could have done....mind you the bugger is banned from my hifi room!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by naitphile View Post
    The new dog is not a replacement character but does fill the dog shaped hole which is inexplicable but definitely real.

You won't forget her but for us getting another pdq was the best thing we could have done....
    +1. That’s what we always do when we lose one of our cats. Giving a new home to an animal that needs one, and enjoying the love it provides, is a great way to recover from the grief of losing an old and faithful friend.

You never forget the pet you’ve just lost, but loving and caring for a new one, helps ease the pain of that loss.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shaun.

Brings a lump to my throat

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    You might want to talk to Nick Gorham about that. His wife runs a Lurcher rescue group, as you might have guessed from his username here!
    Thanks for the link Shane...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234