+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ortofon 2M red opinions

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    technoarm/Gorbe
    Gaz,

Is that an abbreviation for "Gary's Orbe"?
    Bernie.

I'm gerald.

Many thanks now to find a cleaning brush next

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Had a 2M Red on my technoarm/Gorbe as a loaner prior to getting something a bit better. (thanks Dave )
    Its very very good, musical and without any obvious hifi nasties.

For the money it cant be beat.
    l put my 2M Redon my Gyrodec/SME V and was shocked how good it sounded, incredibly detailed- all my records sounded revitalised, very nice.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Many thanks now to find a cleaning brush next
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRM-TECH-S...item3f41317ab6

these are good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gerald.

I picked up a facial brush from boots natural hair work like a charm records sound way better now to start looking for a rcm

I'm gerald.

Just fitted the red and spent a hour setting it up all i can say is WOW what a differance surface noise is gone playing sonic highways by the Foo fighters and it sounds superb. I just wish I took the plunge and spent more on a tidy cartridge years ago I cant imagine how good a bronze or black would sound?
    I am going to play some of my older records later and see how they sound and post my findings.

I'm Chris.

Congrat on your new Ortofon. I love Ortofon and have had several in just one year: Rondo Red MC, 2M Bronze and 2M Black. When it is time for you to change out the tip, you should opt for the 2M Blue. I reckon you know that the stylus can be upgraded between the Red and Blue and between the Bronze and Black. In all of Ortofons programe they use the color for gradeing their cartridges. 2M Red, Quintet Red and Cadenza Red, and the Blue is a significant upgrade from the Red-series.

Enjoy your Red and your Technics

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKemp View Post
    Congrat on your new Ortofon. I love Ortofon and have had several in just one year: Rondo Red MC, 2M Bronze and 2M Black. When it is time for you to change out the tip, you should opt for the 2M Blue. I reckon you know that the stylus can be upgraded between the Red and Blue and between the Bronze and Black. In all of Ortofons programe they use the color for gradeing their cartridges. 2M Red, Quintet Red and Cadenza Red, and the Blue is a significant upgrade from the Red-series.

Enjoy your Red and your Technics
    +1
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12