+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beresford Capella Headphone Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Tad, finally it is possible to assert publicly that there probably might exist better headphone amplifiers.
    The Capella has only been on the market for 14 days, so it is far too early to say which position it occupies as far as its performance against other headphone amplifiers is concerned. Only time will tell how well it stands up against credible opposition when owners of both the Capella and other headphone amplifiers are able to do their own comparison and give their opinion. I am however satisfied that I have done whatever I could to develop a headphone amp that addressed several areas of complaint that headphone owners have highlighted over the years on audio forums. And with my generous returns policy customers have ample time to assess the Capella against any other headphone amp within their spending limit before deciding which one suits their needs better. Only when those results are mentioned on forums like AoS would we be able to judge whether your assumption is correct or not .

I'm Grant.

yes any comparisons have to be made within the same price bracket....no point in comparing Buck house with an end terrace
    Stans record soeaks for its self.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes any comparisons have to be made within the same price bracket....no point in comparing Buck house with an end terrace
    Stans record speaks for its self.
    I don't mind if the Capella is compared against far more expensive opposition. I have already done that myself when trying to find a headphone amp that could do justice to my more expensive headphones. Only the Phonitor at about £1100 was a credible competitor. I have heard from one Capella owner that the Burson at about £800 is on level par in some areas. But some other well known and expensive amps failed to match the Capella in performance. That's based on information received by me from a couple of headphone amp hunters who first went to that headphone and amp shop up in Bedfordshire. But don't take my word for it. Potential buyers are free to repeat the same experiment and line up the Capella in a head to head with any other headphone amp of their choice. The only proviso is that both headphone amps are within your intended spending limit.

I'm Werner.

Grant,
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    any comparisons have to be made within the same price bracket
    quite true. Both customers and manufacturers should consider this fact.

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm tony.

I ran a MF M1 HPA for some time, really liked it as intended and used it as a single line pre amp. The BM2 bettered it with my 650s, almost as if it had been tuned to suit the Senns.
    The Capella surpasses the sonics of the BM2 offering a noticeable upgrade. As a pre amp it has displaced my Tisbury audio passive. What has surprised me is how effective it has been in getting the best out of my other headphones- Superlux various models. I rarely used them because the 650s were so much better but now I can tune the Capella to match the needs of the other cans. I am now seriously thinking of expanding my cans collection....maybe a cheeky pair of beyers might find they're way into my christmas stocking!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Grant,

quite true. Both customers and manufacturers should consider this fact.

Werner.
    It is not a fact at all. The ticket price of an item is an arbitrary figure based on many factors such as retailer margin and advertising revenue. That accounts for about 30 to 50% of the retail price of most items. That I chose to sell so cheap does not mean that a more expensively priced item is also better. I don't have a retailer margin or advertising cost built into my price since I sell direct.
    Using that kind of logic I might as well increase my prices in order to join a higher price band. It's a stupid logic that puts buyers at a disadvantage.

Werner, given the the veracity with which you have been attacking my products lately and trying to derail the customer experience with the Capella, I can only conclude that you must have ulterior motives. What are readers supposed to make of this thread about the Capella, when the apparent virtues of far more expensive equipment is offered as evidence as a far better product without any evidence to back up that claim? What threat exactly does the Capella pose to the likes of Shiit and SPL? Of course my far lower price and legendary value for money position is bound to be viewed as a worrying prospect? But I am not in the market to defend the status quo. Given the economic situation in the EU especially, customers are now looking with even more intensity at more cost effective solution. It's no use flashing a £1200 headphone amp in front of their face when their needs and finances are in search of something just as good and affordable in price and desk space. Given the level of interest shown in the Capella by both casual users and professional organisations, I am once again onto something good here it seems. If some other headphone companies are starting to feel uneasy about the high level of performance of the Capella, then so be it. But that's not reason enough to descend upon the Capella thread as if it is a dangerous competition that could destroy the market for the less capable and overpriced competition. Ambush marketing have been used on me before and on many occasion. I just hope that potential buyers are wise enough to see through that and try out the Capella. You can read more about it at http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S2/tc-7110.htm and order one from http://www.homehifi.co.uk/PP/cartview.html?id=32

I'm Werner.

Stanley,

to keep things short and simple I promise to never ever again comment any of your statements regarding the undoubted superiority of your products. For the sake of Christmas peace and the purpose of this forum section any moderator should feel free to delete my posts which might unsettle your potential future customers.

There are personal reasons for writing and behaving the way I do, but I won’t declare them here in public. I can assure you that I have no business relationships to Schiit (who actually offer cheaper products than the Beresford brand) or SPL (Sound Processing Lab). There’s no reason for paranoia and other conspiracy theories.

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 08-12-2014 at 12:36.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm tony.

Just out of interest, can other Capella owners give me a steer towards cans in the £150 range and advice regards impedance. I was considering Beyer 990s but dont really know enough about the different iterations-the pro model suits just fine Im not fussed about aesthetics just bang for bucks sonics.
    The audio technicas look good?

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Just out of interest, can other Capella owners give me a steer towards cans in the £150 range and advice regards impedance. I was considering Beyer 990s but dont really know enough about the different iterations-the pro model suits just fine Im not fussed about aesthetics just bang for bucks sonics.
    The audio technicas look good?
    I have a pair of Beyer DT990/600's - very nice when they are working - just sending them back for repair for the third time

If it's bang for your buck you are after look no further than the Superlux HD668B (lot on here and the web) - they are a truly stupid less than £50 that sound like £300 - I have a pair and I often prefer them to my Grado GS1000's
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast