+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My holiday photos

I'm King.

Hi Andy, thanks for your nice comments!

In fact, I love taking macro shots but it really takes time and patience.
    For holiday snap shots, time is also the key and sometimes least is best. So for many occasions, I just shoot and go without too much thinking about composition and other factors- a compromise but inevitable. Anyway, all these photos give me many enjoyable memories which I can hardly forget.

MarkLj is an outstanding landscape photographer and I truly admire his exceptional skills and wonderful photos.

Here are some pictures for you with which you may be familiar:-

Loch Awe

Inveraray

King

I'm Peter.

Owl by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Fuji X-Pro 1 - 35mm f/1.4R
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Grant.

Fab pic Peter... sharp as a pin.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm andy.

Hi King,

Always knew you were technically brilliant too, your use of the ultra wide angle lens shows that, it's a difficult lens to use,
    in lesser pair of hands the pics would lack interest, and i get what you say about limited time on your travels,
    hence the Poland shots looks flat compared to Norway one's, but Scandic countries tend to have cleaner air
    and the 66 degrees parallel gives definitely helps with lighting(longer sunlight/twilight hours maybe).

Thanks for feasting my eyes with places i used to haunt, Loch Awe is a special place where i did a spot of trout fishing there,
    interesting take on Inverary, most people take the shot from the hump bridge into town and drive through further up Argyle,
    very dramatic composition and you've captured the brooding sky brilliantly, well done.

Keep them coming lads.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by macvisual View Post
    I'd suggest you pick up a used Fuji X-E 1 body, fantastic and versatile! A few months ago I bought a mint/boxed used X-E 1 body for £150 (inc postage), cheap as chips.

Recently bought a mint Olympus OM2N and three Olympus Zuiko lenses (28mm - 50mm - 135mm) and a host of extras for £100 delivered, I so wanna get back into film again.
    Looking for a medium format 120 as we speak....
    Peter, if you achieved those shots with a compact camera, RESPECT !!!

Yup...at those prices you got your OM2n for, i am as well keeping my Nikkor AI lenses.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Peter.

Water Lily;

Water lily by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro 1 - XF 35mm

I'm King.

Hi Andy,

Lets explore into the amazing world of macro photography. Here is a photo for you:-

King

I'm andy.

Yep King, thats tops, even the reflection from the frogs eye is pin sharp.

Been googling the Fuji X series cameras Peter has mentioned, never associated Fuji as a premium photo brand for sure,
    but i am at a lost at what is the best in the range, there's at least 6 with the X prefix,
    but i still think i want to go full frame as Macro and Landscapes interest me more.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm King.

Thanks again, Andy!

The above photo was shot hand held ( ISO500, 1/60sec, +3step) in my garden where two frogs were busy mating. They had simply ignored my close and disturbing approach at the beginning otherwise the shot would not have been successfully taken. The camera used was a Sony Nex 5N with a Minolta MC Macro 50mm F3.5 lens in conjunction with an adaptor and extension tube.
    King

I'm Peter.

Overnight rain;

Overnight rain by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Fuji X-Pro 1 - Fuji XF 60mm macro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast