+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate fast food?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default The ultimate fast food?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30005279

It sounds ghastly! (Though I can think of one member here for whom this would be ideal. )
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30005279

It sounds ghastly! (Though I can think of one member here for whom this would be ideal. )
    Well if it was 1st April, I'd say it was a spoof. The diet appears somewhat lacking in fruit & fibre.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

have. heard of it being trialled although i think it is more expensive than stated. Rob Rhineharts baby. no idea why youd want it unless you had to.although my wife cant eat solids much and relies on liquid nourishment mostly.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nodrog.

I really cannot imagine anything worse.

The flavours of great food (and wine) are one of life's greatest joys. There is no length not worth going to in order to achieve culinary excellence. I do most of the cooking in our household and I don't regret a single minute spent in the kitchen.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    There is no length not worth going to in order to achieve culinary excellence.
    Yup. Sausage, egg, chips & beans for tea last night. Lovely!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Handy if your in a hurry or can't be bothered though.

Also useful if you gave a dodgy stomach and struggle with too much solid food.

The name is a bit daring, though. Life imitates art once more.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yup. Sausage, egg, chips & beans for tea last night. Lovely!
    Nice bit of Gordon Blue eh?

I'm Grant.

ive settled on a nice plate of lentil soup with indian spices....yum!

edit. well that was quick easy tasty and filling. and cheapish. £1a tin. heinz black label soups are darned good.
    Last edited by struth; 17-11-2014 at 12:53.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nodrog.

What a difficult choice it would have been today. A nice glass of white powder or one of our rabbits, slow cooked on the woodburner in cider and armagnac with peppers and celeriac, with fresh steamed vegetables from the garden.

So glad I didn't have to make the choice

I'm Richard.

When we went to Ravenna a few years ago, there was a McDonalds under a portico in the old city. It was closed and the sign reversed (translucent, or I wouldn't have known what it was). I asked at the hotel what had happened, and was told "We didn't want it here, so we got it closed down".
    I like Ravenna.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast