+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer DVD 575A

Question Pioneer DVD 575A

Having read an old copy of Hi Fi World raving about the 575a I bought a 2nd hand example.

Can anyone advise me on how best to go about modding it for CD replay as this will be my 1st diy project apart from some speaker cables and a phono stage power supply.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev, and welcome to the forum if this is your first post.

With regards to modding the 575, i'll see if i can find a list of mods that i used to have. You may find something on the web still, as a lot of people played around with these. It's a while ago now though.

I used it in standard form for a while and only replaced a few capacitors, which did improve it a little. I think it's a good player in it's own right. The onboard DAC is good, and nicer than many dedicated CD players.

Like most other players, it's the output circuitry that holds it back. You could do some mods to this part of it, but you could also save a lot of time by replacing the entire output stage with a simple tube circuit.
    Like the one here.

http://www.lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/Lampizator.html

This is what i did, and it's time well spent compared to messing about with the players internals.
    I also seem to remember that this player doesn't benefit from expensive re-clocking mods, quite as much as others. I didn't bother.

I use mine as a transport now, with an external DAC, which is another option for the future.

I picked up a 565a from e-bay a while back. Great machine, cost peanuts, plays DVD, DVD-Audio (2 discs), SACD (1 disc) and comprehensively outclasses my old Marantz CD67SE on CD.
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky, in case of snake bite and, furthermore, always carry a small snake."

Kevin

I'm Tim.

l use mine with a Beresford DAC... Simply superb!

Find a used one &enjoy the music!

tim

+ Reply to Thread