• 9/10

3 37.50%
  • 10/10

2 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club, November 2014: Frank Zappa - 'Hot Rats'

I'm Andrew.

Well, a rare occurrence, an album in Album Club I'm actually familiar with. I acquired this in about 1978 or so. It was given to me in part payment for a fuzz box by a friend who had no cash. I pestered him for payment and eventually he coughed up a few of his older brothers albums (one of which was the now collectable I Spider by Web) by way of recompense. His brother was older and had moved away I think. At the time I was getting into Joy Division, Magazine, The Fall etc. so it got little play at first but over the years, usually when I was feeling a bit pretentious and trying to impress someone, it was dug out and I wrestled with it's Jazziness. I actually ended up liking it a great deal in the end. It's now been in the loft with all my other LP's for about fifteen years but every now and again I listen to bits of it on spotify. It will never be my favourite album but would be a nine out of ten for old times sake. I never did find out if the older brother discovered what happened.

I'm martin.

Another of my favourite albums Frank Zappa what a guitar player saw him in the late 80's i think the last time he was over, master craftsman.

Regards,

Martin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12