+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Schiit Lyr headphone amplifier

I'm Rob.

Lightbulb FS: Schiit Lyr headphone amplifier

Haven't seen many of these on the second hand market, and for good reason. Fantastic US-made amp, with bags of power to drive pretty much any headphone you can throw at it.

Used to great effect with Beyerdynamic 880 (600 ohm), but up for sale as I do the vast majority of my listening through speakers at the moment.

Comes with original tubes and a set of Genalex Gold Lion E88CC/6922, both with less than 50 hours on them. In very good condition. This is the first generation model.

£280 + P&P

(Collection also possible from Sheffield.)

More photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/959007...57648559245877

Reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/schiit/9.html
    http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue62/schiitlyr.htm
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/schiit-lyr
    Last edited by dionisio; 26-10-2014 at 14:39. Reason: Resizing image

I'm Rob.

Price drop to £260 + P&P

I'm Richard.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that the choice of manufacturer and model names, especially in combination, do nothing to boost consumer expectations of the products qualities. Puts the rolls Royce silver mist in the shade.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    It's hard to avoid the conclusion that the choice of manufacturer and model names, especially in combination, do nothing to boost consumer expectations of the products qualities. Puts the rolls Royce silver mist in the shade.
    Apparently, this manufacturer does it on purpose. It gets them noticed and people have no trouble remembering the name. They seem well reviewed and are generally very good value for money it seems. Better than silly names done unintentionally
    Shiit is an old German name I believe.

Good luck with the sale.

I'm Rob.

The products are universally well reviewed, and for good reason... it's a whole lot of headphone amp for the money!

I'm Rob.

Price drop to £240 plus postage.

I'm Grant.

yep a very good buy. they do a decent phono amp too...glws
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Now that another piece of Schiit has sold on here, time to give this one a bump

£240 really is a steal, IMO etc.

I'm Jamie.

Hi you have a PM

I'm Rob.

Still available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast