I'm Steve.

10am onwards Steven.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    hi steve nebo4 was great me and pete will be there whats the start time
    See you down there!

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Form an orderly cue please

Greetings Earthlings.

So impressed was i with my recent visit to the Owston Hall meet i have decided to utilize elements of the successful format used whilst retaining the spirit of NEBO. NEBO 5 will be held in the larger room on the ground floor this time around making it easier to move bulky and heavy equipment from the car park to the venue and visa versa. Easy on backs, legs and psyche. At our forthcoming meeting i will be implementing a three track rule per demonstration just like Owston and it would be helpful if attendees demonstrating full systems would be happy to accommodate those demonstrating source, amplification or speaker demonstration. Please feel free to substitute the word demonstrate for exhibit if you feel it more appropriate. So, in short you can hitch a ride with a given piece of equipment from others.

May i ask if you are planning to attend with equipment can you please contact me with the view of organizing a time and place (approximately) in the days proceedings to accommodate it? Please note that we are starting early at 10am in order to accommodate as much as possible and avoid disappointment so please get in touch ASAP so i can form an orderly cue. I am hoping that some of the excellent people that i met at Owston and our Scottish Mafia friends may venture to the icey wastes of Teesside to join in the festivities.

Please help to network this event and help spread the word. It really is a great day and celebrates the dying art of listening to music properly. i am always take aback by the spirit and comradry shown to each other by all who attend and warrants communicating about. I have a few A3 posters for display so if anyone can suggest places to display them in the Teesside area i would be very grateful. Lets get the new year off to a flying start and enjoy another great day of music. engineering and nostalgia in any order you like.

For those travelling from a little further, The Windmill is a great inexpensive place to stay overnight. Indeed, numerous people have done so in the past and enjoyed a drink and a bite to eat so why not stay over and totally immerse yourself in the day. Please see the poster below for details. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and of course meeting some new ones. SEE YOU DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!!................

NEBO also has a Facebook group should anyone wish to join it and contribute there as well as here.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice one mate, will be there if I can.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Right folks,
    its now up to us to support Steve, by letting him know who is comming and more importantly what gear we will be bringing.

Makes organising a lot easier if you have numbers.

Steve was a bit concerned last meeting as not many people said they were bringing kit, but quite a bit turned up on the day and a running order had to be worked out on the fly, which led to at least one person being overlooked and not getting a slot. So lets try and take the pressure off with a bit of advanced warning of what he can expect.

I'll start the ball rolling and say that I will be there and from the kick off as I live only seven minutes away.

I will bring a sytem:
    Sugden A21a (class A) Amp and matching CD21 CD player.
    Tannoy Cheviot Speakers (12" Dual Concentrics).

I may bring other stuff as well but that is the minimum I will turn up with.
    Thought the Tannoys would make a change from the Celestion 66's which I am still working on.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can't commit for definite at the moment as I lost my job a couple of weeks ago.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Really sorry to hear that Ali, bummer!! Hope something turns up real soon. Hopefully another door will open soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Can't commit for definite at the moment as I lost my job a couple of weeks ago.

I'm Steve.

Cheers Ken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Right folks,
    its now up to us to support Steve, by letting him know who is comming and more importantly what gear we will be bringing.

Makes organising a lot easier if you have numbers.

Steve was a bit concerned last meeting as not many people said they were bringing kit, but quite a bit turned up on the day and a running order had to be worked out on the fly, which led to at least one person being overlooked and not getting a slot. So lets try and take the pressure off with a bit of advanced warning of what he can expect.

I'll start the ball rolling and say that I will be there and from the kick off as I live only seven minutes away.

I will bring a sytem:
    Sugden A21a (class A) Amp and matching CD21 CD player.
    Tannoy Cheviot Speakers (12" Dual Concentrics).

I may bring other stuff as well but that is the minimum I will turn up with.
    Thought the Tannoys would make a change from the Celestion 66's which I am still working on.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Really sorry to hear that Ali, bummer!! Hope something turns up real soon. Hopefully another door will open soon?
    Cheers mate. Aye, if it was a different time of year I'd have another job within a week, it's quiet this time of year as demand is high due to the cold weather. Hopefully will pick something up soon.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Simon.

I can defo make it this time.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alan.

I will be coming Steve
    I will be bringing my latest toy an Otari MX55N and maybe the Voyager amps and B4 pre

Will be nice to meet you Simon

Atari MX55N by 337alant, on Flickr

Alan
    Last edited by 337alant; 06-12-2014 at 23:54.
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast