+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Film Bits.

I'm Stephen.

Can't beat a good bashing.

Pale Rider:

Clint knocking seven bells out of the baddies:

Do like to see the baddies getting a good hiding. Gives you the feeling that there is some justice in the word.

I'm John.

Jodorowsky's Masterpiece. Where to start?

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (1973) Trailer for Alejandro Jodorowsky's mystical hallucinatory journey - YouTube
    Video for holy mountain► 2:29► 2:29
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHiA3w6Y3KA
    4 May 2010 - Uploaded by revokcom
    This is the trailer for trailer for Alejandro Jodorowsky's THE HOLY MOUNTAIN .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Grant.

Colour Sergeant : "It's a miracle."

Chard : "If it's a miracle Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber box henry 45 calibre miracle."

Colour Sergeant : "And a bayonet sir... with some guts behind it."

From Zulu

CLASS!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Mrs Miggins: "Oh, Mr Byron, don't be such a big girl's blouse."
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Ghostbusters:

'Everything was fine until dickless here turned off the power!'

'Is that true?'

'Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrei.

Default I am still waiting to use this line

In The Man With The Golden Gun James Bond says to a bimbo: l didn't recognise you with your clothes on ... priceless!
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Stephen.

Ben Hur:

The Chariot Race.

Probably my favourite Chuck Heston film. Still cringe every time I watch it. Can't believe someone wasn't seriously injured during it's filming.

I'm Grant.

The race took over 5 weeks to film; alas in one scene you can see tyre tracks from the camera vehicle. It was fabulous though, and shot outside rome.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

A stuntman was actually killed during the chariot race. The family insisted the footage be used as a tribute.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Bond looking into the camera, as he walks up the beech, slightly beat up, dusting the sand of his body, looks into camera lens and says.....

'This never happened to the other fellow.'

Love this opening for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, my favourite Bond film

And the film soundtrack which is among the best in my opinion

The wonderful Ski Chase with extended main theme music

Script http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...ce-script.html

Diana Rigg in this is superb......

The amazing reimagining of the theme music by the Propellerheads

Last edited by Spectral Morn; 08-11-2014 at 11:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast