+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whilst waiting for the paint to dry...

I'm Nathan.

Default Whilst waiting for the paint to dry...

Currently doing a color change on my SL-1200 and a couple of other mods. Reading about mats & platters, my never resting mind recalls I've got a of plastic around here somewhere. Not sure if it's acrylic or plexi, this exercise was mainly to see if it could be done. Tools used was an ordinary router and bits with plenty of lubrication for the cutting. I still have to drill out the center hole so it fits over the spindle shaft. Mind you I probably would have never done it if I had to spend money on this

Does it do anything positive for the sound? Not a clue as I haven't tried it out on the TT yet due to the deck's current state, but soon.

I'm Jim.

I seems like you need a spindle of some sort, but other that that, it looks very interesting!
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Nathan.

That's just a cutting board I put the platter on to take the pics.
    As soon as I get the LED's installed in the TT and get it assembled, I'll drill out that center hole and give it a spin. (Pun intended ). Thanks to you guys I have the external PS completed. It ain't pretty, but it should be effective.

+ Reply to Thread