+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: They're at it again! Bloody fireworks!!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Shane was referring to my dog, who is a bit odd. The mutt is not distressed by fireworks, quite the opposite. He makes a big fuss when he hears them until he is let out to go and enjoy the bangs and flashes. The more there are the more excited he gets.

He is a rescued/rehomed dog and being a big lurcher (and I mean big at 80lb ), I suspect he may have been taken on game shoots or similar when younger.

I better start calling him the Indian dog of Southall.

S.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yes its a real troublesome time for pets. Can you talk me through why they cant shut down from it.

I know they have very sensitive hearing and it must be really unnerving for them. What do you pet owners do...put on a cd or something.

When they hear the bangs I would have thought that they cant directly relate it physical harm so I would have thought they settle down somewhere and ride it out.

I had fireworks right at my window so I do understand how bothersome it gets
    You can train them from an early age like they do with police or forces animals. Or you can get mild sedatives from the vet.

Most cats don't seem to be too bothered. Mine used to sit in the window and watch the light show, not concerned in the least.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

My cat hated them. not to a point that she shivered but she would find a quiet place to lie. She was once out when they were going off and didnt come back for 3 days. think thats what scared her.
    sons last dog used to be a pitiful sight shivering and walking about.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Our cats don't like it at all. They run and hide whenever they hear the bangs.

Fortunately, as mentioned before, there's precious little of that around here

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Just when you thought you were safe for another year...it's like the opening barrage for a ground assault here and we're on the fl1pp1in8 27th of December.

Pete

I'm Geoff.

Still hear a few each night here. Have done since mid October to a greater or lesser extent.

I'm Martin.

Someone let one off in town yesterday. There was an almighty bang (and I mean loud!) and it stopped everyone in their tracks. A large empty cartridge appeared and rolled towards me. I dont know if It had been launched into the air or set up like a giant banger.

I see no logical reason for these things to be on sale to the general public. The bigger ones seem to be sold by dodgy characters who dont care. Always that seedy air about these small shops but they seem to do enough business to hang around.

I think it should be only organised displays with licensed operators.

Maybe Im saying that because I get no real enjoyment from fireworks. However it can not be denied that they are very dangerous explosives, they fall into the wrong hands and they are a bloody nuisance. They cause injury and misery every year. They kill people and I was reading about another arson attack and murder charge.

I'm Geoff.

Fireworks have been going off all round since dusk. The dog is going potty. He keeps begging to go out, 'cos he loves all the bangs 'n flashes. He's not normal.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Someone let one off in town yesterday. There was an almighty bang (and I mean loud!) and it stopped everyone in their tracks. A large empty cartridge appeared and rolled towards me. I dont know if It had been launched into the air or set up like a giant banger.

I see no logical reason for these things to be on sale to the general public. The bigger ones seem to be sold by dodgy characters who dont care. Always that seedy air about these small shops but they seem to do enough business to hang around.

I think it should be only organised displays with licensed operators.

Maybe Im saying that because I get no real enjoyment from fireworks. However it can not be denied that they are very dangerous explosives, they fall into the wrong hands and they are a bloody nuisance. They cause injury and misery every year. They kill people and I was reading about another arson attack and murder charge.
    Bloody hell Minstrel ,are we twins?? You read my mind
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Was some earlier but so far pretty quiet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast