+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: LOOK all change - 2 arms, TT, cartridges (SPU/EMT/FR), phono stage

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: LOOK all change - 2 arms, TT, cartridges (SPU/EMT/FR), phono stage

The bastille has fallen and a revolution has well and truly arrived at the gates of Chateau Montesquieu. I'm heading off in a radically different direction (again!) so I have the following for sale:

Ortofon SPU Gold GE cartridge - 1990s classic, true eliptical, gold bits all still lovely and shiny, headshell lacquer a bit time-worn but sounds magnificent, fancy original packaging including guard, £550 collected or + £7 RMSD

PICS to follow

Ortofon SPU Mono GM MkII cartridge -
    .25 spherical for playback of early mono, original box and guard, retail is £650, £250 collected or + £7 RMSD

PICS to follow

Jurgen Schou/Ortofon STA-6600L step-up transformer, 1:31 ratio, perfect for 2-5 ohm. Utterly delicious, perfect for SPU particularly vintage SPUs. It just sounds lovely. Bought from Anubisgrau (see thread here) for £600. I'm offering at £550 collected or + £7 RMSD

EMT XSD-15 - on SME/Ortofon-type headshell (the only EMT cartridge that doesn't need a special adapter to be used on a non-EMT arm), fine line stylus, in original box, in super condition, retail is £1695, offered at £550 collected or +£7 RMSD

Better pics on the way but here's one to help you visualise:

Fidelity Research FR-1 Mk1 cartridge - spherical, really lovely, I had this for sale before along with a silver coil Mk3, the Mk3 sold but this didn't which was fine by me at the time as I preferred it! Reduced to £150 + £7 RMSD.

See my earlier posting

Really cool Lenco L75 with painted top plate, relocated arm position/armboard, and upgraded (heavy!) bearing and platter, on oak veneered sprung (!) plinth with Audio Origami fettled Rega R200.

This deck is a thing of loveliness and pairs beautifully with the oak plinth. It also sounds fantastic. Top plate has been re-drilled and an armboard fitted to take any Rega arm. This RB200 is rather special having come fully fettled from J7 at Audio Origami with internal and external rewire and a working anti-skate. Comes with an Ortofon 520 MkII which sound fab in this combo. (Reduced with a freebie cartridge since last posting, also option to split).

- Deck, pinth, arm and cartridge : £320 collected or meet up (I can't post this)
    - Deck and plinth: £220
    - R200: £120 (note: this is not your usual dodgy proposition from ebay it comes fully fettled and in guaranteed lovely condition, barely used since I got it from J7 a couple of months back for this 'study' project).

Jelco SA-750D tonearm with two counterweights and Audio Origami Cardas rewire.

Back up for sale as I know what I plan to do now. J7 also fettled the bearing when it was on its trip north and it came back sounding fantastic. Supplied with Sumiko headshell (an upgrade over the similar looking but cheaper-made Jelco one), 'Shuggy' arm collar in matching grey finish (an essential upgrade to the Jelco), plus a very basic arm cable - adequate but you might want to better it (I was using Audio Note AN-Vx). With the rewire etc, collar, headshell this is over £650-worth so bit of a bargain at the price if you are looking for one. Offered at £350, plus £11 RMSD in UK.

(I was using the Jelco + Shuggy combo on a beautiful Russ Collinson TD124 armboard - in the picture below - which could also be for sale if required. Sorry for the pic it was taken to show off the newly-arrived XSD-15 and I haven't had time to take a new one).

Longdog Audio Moving Magnet MMx2 Phono Stage

I never ever thought to be selling this, so attached I have become to it, but here we are ... the most long lasting bit of kit in my system, my Longdog Audio Moving Magnet MMx2 Phono Stage.

This was built by Nick Gorham and is a custom project for me. Its Moving Coil counterpart can be seen here in an identical case at a list price of £1995.

I commissioned this one from Nick and although it has an identical 12AT7-powered RIAA section, it differs in having a valve regulated PSU (6AS7 - a lovely NOS Raytheon) and a 12AX7 tube (rather than FET) output stage.

Nick further customised it to suit my requirements by making it dual input (so it can handle two arms/turntables) cleverly switchable via relay by lightly pushing the on-off switch, and two outputs (as I was putting one output direct to the pre and another through a processor enabling dialling in of pre-RIAA LP and 78 EQ).

It's been the backbone of my system for 4 years now and its loss will be a wrench. Many here have heard it - in my system it bettered (in no particular order) C-J EV1, Vinyl1, Graham Slee Reflex M, Leben RS30-EQ, even the phono stage in the Audion Quattro preamp much dribbled over by Arthur Salvatore - they've all been here and left with their tail between their legs. (And several others not mentioned, this is a top of the head list).

The Longdog is a wonderfully balanced, even, detailed but full bodied phono stage, very very quiet for a valve phono stage, works supremely well with any SUT from Kondo downwards I've thrown at it.

Looking for £850 collected. I am prepared to ship it but would rather it collected from my place on Berks/Surrey/Hants border or meet up.

montesquieu Guest

Jelco sold

montesquieu Guest

Rega arm sold

I'm Bernard.

PM sent
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

montesquieu Guest

Tons of stuff went overnight, current position is:

Rega - SOLD
    Jelco - SOLD[/B]
    Ortofon/Schou SUT - on hold pending funds[/B]
    FR-1 - on hold pending funds[/B]
    Longdog Audio - on hold pending funds

Still for sale:

EMT XSD - on temporary hold pending someone checking their phono settings with the manufacturer but happy to take enquries as it's not a definite quite yet (asking £550)
    Ortofon SPU Gold GE - Really surprised this hasn't sold, modern silver coil equivalent is probably the SPU Meister Silver at €1595 / £1260 - I'm looking for£550 - I'll get on to some pictures as I suspect this is the reason it hasn't gone.
    Upgraded Lenco L75 with Rega fit/armboard and plinth - £220 - this for a deck that compares favourably with my TD124. Don't understand why this hasn't gone and I may keep it for a future project it doesn't go soon.

montesquieu Guest

EMT XSD-15 sold pending funds

all that's left:

Ortofon SPU Gold
    Lenco

montesquieu Guest

SPU Gold also on hold now.

I'm Francois.

You have a PM re. Lenco
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

+ Reply to Thread