+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sennheiser HD800s - they're almost perfect!

I'm Pete.

couple of weeks ago I listened to the hd 600 amongst others using a modded xing sheng 703b [highly modded] comparing them firstly to a set of grado 125i's .......and lastly to the grado rs1e.
    the hd600 sounded thick and slow almost syrupy to 125i's and frankly against the rs1e were undynamic and muddled , which I though was a great shame as there often highly regarded. ...ended up with the rs1e's.

I'm Shane.

Someday I really must give the PS1000/e a try!

S.

I'm Anthony.

Hi derek . I have never tried the 800's but the guys on headfi argue that they are better than the Grado Gs1000, others state they are far too different in build and signatures to fairly judge.
    Have you tried the GS1000? If so what are your views
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Brian.

Do all these end end headphones need a separate amp?

I'm Kevin.

They don't need a headphone amp to work, but to get the best out of them, a decent headphone amp is highly recommended.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm tony.

The difference between the 650s and 700s is very noticeable....the comments on the 600s are probably spot on as the 650s now sound very warm and relaxed when I go back to them. As with all cans you have to tune in to them.

Stans Capella does a remarkable job of getting the most out of all my cans with a bit of set up to suit each one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12