+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nagaoka crystal GL-602 mat - a user review

I'm paul.

Thumbs up Nagaoka crystal GL-602 mat - a user review

Hello, I recieved my Nagaoka crystal GL602 mat from RFC yesterday and thought I would share my opinion of it.
    Firstly this is your typical Nagaoka product,vey nicely made and finished and great packaging none of your recycled
    record mailers here.
    secondly its the first rigid mat that has arrived flat, apparently not something easily achieved with some mats.
    Third its quite heavy (think microwave plate) but was easily placed on a Thorens TD150 and a Luxman PD300
    (fits inside the outer vacuam seal) without bottoming out the suspension .I also managed to get my Pink Triangle to
    relevel and retain bounce though I would not recommend prolonged use on a PT for fear of straining the suspension springs.
    Right then how does it sound? well simply put it doesn't, it does not have any sonic signature at least not on my record
    players. Its primary quality is that it seems to reduce surface noice to absolute silence, lps atain a CD esque silence
    between tracks,but the real quality from this absolute silence is the enhancement of macro detail, timbre,texture and
    timing,it really allows the whole recording to shine through with palatable emotion and chest pounding dynamic pace and
    rhythm.
    The effect of the mat was fairly constant across the three decks mentioned above, two of which have alloy platters
    and one with acrylic(but you all knew that) While I wasn't surprized by the effect on the metal platters I was quiet taken
    back by the improvement on the acrylic .this sugests to me that this mat actually does what it promises to do (see Paul RFC
    thread in the trade section for the quote fronm Nagaoka on its propeties and some nice pics of the product)which was nice.
    Now I need Pinky to advice on stiffer springs for my PT so I can use the Cryrtal mat long term.
    Hope this little write up is of use
    cheers
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Heh-heh, get it sorted, boyo!

Aside from the lack of pict-choors, interesting thoughts, which align with what I expected. I’m suitably intrigued by this mat to have ordered one myself to try with the MN ETP platter, on my Techy, so that should be fun…..

Anyway, Paul. enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

I was interested in one, but decided to buy a cart instead for now...Probably an error as they will be sold soon.lol. anyways, will be nice to here if Marco's test is as positive as yours.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Heh-heh, get it sorted, boyo!

Aside from the lack of pict-choors, interesting thoughts, which align with what I expected. I’m suitably intrigued by this mat to have ordered one myself to try with the MN ETP platter, on my Techy, so that should be fun…..

Anyway, Paul. enjoy!

Marco.
    Yeah sorry about the orfull spilling misstakes and lack of pics but I posted it while on the tube without me specs on , I was conscious that people might
    want to order one before they ran out so wanted to get my view of it up in a hurry , I will take a few snaps tomorrow . I will be interested to hear how it
    performs on your Technics Marco especially with the MN etp platter .It will also be nice to read a well written review

cheers
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was interested in one, but decided to buy a cart instead for now...Probably an error as they will be sold soon.lol. anyways, will be nice to here if Marco's test is as positive as yours.
    What cart is that Grant? and what are you currently using?
    cheers
    Paul
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    What cart is that Grant? and what are you currently using?
    cheers
    Paul
    Just got a denon dl110 to try with my rosewood headshell. currently using a clearaudio aurum.....wanted a dl160 but cant find one currently.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm paul.

That should sound nice Grant , I have never heard the Aurum but the Denon carts are all big on the SPPV front.

cheers
    Paul
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

+ Reply to Thread