+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Films you want to See at the CINEMA....

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Will definitely be going to see ' Fury' Brad Pitt's new offering.

Out very soon!
    Yes, that,all either really good or really bad...I hope its the former and intend getting the DVD release next year. Clint Eastwood,s son Scott is in it.

There was a "spat" excuse the pun, between Penn, Shia LaBeouf and Eastwood where Scotty was spitting in the tank they classed as home. They eventually gave him severe abuse and told him to clean it up.
    Later when they read the script fully they realised the Scott was only doing as he had been told and as Pitt says, both felt like "Knobs"

Pitt reckons Shia LaBeouf is the best actor he has ever seen. All this adds up to a potentially super film.
    Last edited by struth; 06-10-2014 at 10:13.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Neil.

Interstellar

Looking forward to that

Not sure about Batman vs Superman - could be good, could be a huge waste of money.

Mockingjay - last of the Hunger Games films should be good, I enjoyed the last two.

Exodus - Gods and Kings - looks potentially good if they stick to the story and don't do a Noah with it.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Exodus - Gods and Kings; It could be quite good, and sure it'll be better done than Noah.....Scott usually produces the goods
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yes, that,all either really good or really bad...I hope its the former and intend getting the DVD release next year. Clint Eastwood,s son Scott is in it.

There was a "spat" excuse the pun, between Penn, Shia LaBeouf and Eastwood where Scotty was spitting in the tank they classed as home. They eventually gave him severe abuse and told him to clean it up.
    Later when they read the script fully they realised the Scott was only doing as he had been told and as Pitt says, both felt like "Knobs"

Pitt reckons Shia LaBeouf is the best actor he has ever seen. All this adds up to a potentially super film.

Hi Grant, could not care less regarding the acting , it is the subject matter that appeals- the only original Tiger Tank to be used in a film so far........... and CGI for the rest of the film, no one wants to cop it in the last months of the greatest war of all time, those Tank chaps were so brave.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Went to see ‘Nightcrawler’ yesterday and wasn’t disappointed. Great film and thoroughly recommended

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Christopher.

I definitely want to see Interstellar. I'm seeing Big Hero 6 tomorrow, not sure how that's going to turn out. Exodus, Mockingjay, and Nightcrawler look good too.
    iTunes → Schiit Modi → RW Audio Amp1S → Beyerdynamic DT990/600 Ω | Last.fm profile | Bandcamp profile

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Have just returned from seeing ‘The Imitation Game’ – a bio-pic about Alan Turing’s wartime work at Bletchley Park and the breaking of the Enigma codes.

Excellent – 9/10, a ‘must see’ film.

The choice was either that or ‘Interstellar’, but my girlfriend doesn’t like sci-fi, so it was above. Not thinking it would be of much interest to a woman, I was surprised she enjoyed the film so much. I have a few very minor quibbles about the film, but nothing to discourage anyone from seeing it.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Grant.

Look forward to its dvd release Barry
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Geoffrey.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Saw 'Mr Turner' yesterday - a biopic about the artist J M W Turner, starring Timithy Spall as Turner and directed by the inestimable Mike Leigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._M._W._Turner

Spall is brilliant as the laconic Turner (in fact most of Spall's dialogue consists merely of grunts), a genius of a painter who is so obsessed and focussed with his work and the subject matter of his paintings, his social graces leave much to be desired. I found the film hard going because of this: especially the portrayal of Turner's selfish, exploitative relationship with his put-upon houskeeper and his detachement from, and disinterest in, his wife and children.

To say the film comes across as somewhat dreary would be misleading, as Leigh has captured life in Victorian England well; and unless you were extremely wealthy, life then was drab. The filmic reconstruction of the some of the subject matter Turner painted is fabulous: Leigh must have used a good location scout. The towing away of the "Fighting Temere" (one of Turner's most famous paintings) by a steam tug set against a dramatic sky is superb (and doesn't seem to have used CGI)!

So if you are an admirer of Turner's work - I recommend you see this film.

9/10
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast