+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Films you want to See at the CINEMA....

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Walk it, and work off some of that beef!

Only kidding shweety, have a great night, mate

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'd love to, but it's pissing it down and forecast to get worse
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well that's a film and a half Marco.

Very dark, disturbing, challenging, complex and thought provoking. I still haven't pieced it all together yet and I'll most definitely be seeing it again. Heck of a movie and heck of a performance by Joaquin Phoenix.

I hope you get to see it?
    Last edited by Tim; 15-03-2018 at 19:44.

I'm going tomorrow to see it in Liverpool, mate - and after your comments, I'm now looking even MORE forward to it! I just knew that this film would likely be worth the effort of driving 40 miles to go and watch...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

Very dark, disturbing, challenging, complex and thought provoking.
    Well, the director is a Scottish female. It goes with the territory.

Lol - I know where you're coming from. When it comes to films, give me "dark and disturbing" every time, over 'light-hearted and cheery'!

Throw in some 'brutally deranged' and 'harrowing', and I'm as happy as a serial killer in an axe museum

Marco [likes films that fuck with your head].
    Main System

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Haha, well I think you should like it then, certainly brutal and more than a liberal dusting of deranged . .

I'm going to try and see Lady Bird today, before seeing Mo Pitney and Ashley Campbell in Brum. Yeehaa ya'll

Well, that was, erm 'interesting'.... I shall say nowt until Ben's seen it. Oh, and Mr Chilli was top notch, btw!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, that was, erm 'interesting'.... I shall say nowt until Ben's seen it. Oh, and Mr Chilli was top notch, btw!

Marco.
    I think we are seeing it tonight if all goes according to plan Marco. Glad u enjoyed Mr chilli too!

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

Good stuff, Ben. It'll be interesting to see what you think of the film.

It's some size that Odeon complex in Liverpool ONE - about ten times that of the one in Wrexham! Feels rather cosmopolitan too, around there, with all the nice bars and restaurants. Cool vibe... Not been in Liverpool at night for years! It's very much like Glasgow is now

Mr Chilli was fab. Great food (nice and spicy, as I like it), pleasant staff, and full of Chinese people! We were the only 'Brits' in there, which is exactly how we like it.

The only thing was on the traditional Szechuan menu, aside from soups, there were only cold starters, which was a bit strange for us (no dim sum, like there is at Mei Mei - maybe dim sum isn't a Szechuan thing?) although the starters are very good, as were the mains, but the portions were HUGE!

I think they're definitely designed for sharing, such is the way Chinese people eat, which was tricky as my wife is veggie (she loved her stir-fried broccoli in garlic sauce)... So we had to take half it home in a 'doggy bag'. No bad thing though, as we can enjoy it again today for lunch!

We'll certainly go back again, particularly as they're open during the day, which is when we usually go shopping in Liverpool, and would defo recommend it to friends.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast