+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh how I lurve the Celestion HF1300

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Florin.

I bought a pair of DM2's a while back and found that it had the DW200 replaced with a driver built on the same chassis but made of polypropylene. I found it to be 750g heavier than the original DW200 so larger magnet.
    Now from what I've read speakers built on bextrene drivers have some adjustment in the crossover to address some resonance issues so wondering whether these poly drivers would be a good for for the DM2 crossover.
    I've been thinking of using them in a ported cabinet using the same drivers but hook them to a DM4 crossover which is smaller than DM2. I also have a pair of Infinity 1001A which have a 12inch bass driver the speakers themselves handling up to 200w. I was wondering what is the power handling limit (wattage) limit for the Celestion HF1300 / Coles 4001G combination? I don't listen loud but what to be on the safe side, just in case of a slip oh hand lol.
    Planning to use the cabs of a pair Radford Monitor speakers for the above project.
    Last edited by florin; 02-07-2022 at 17:30. Reason: gramatical error on the word bextrene

+ Reply to Thread