+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    New Year DR who special. Rumours are its a Dalek story.
    You're not still watching that mince now posing as 'Dr Who'?

For me, it's utter SHITE, in comparison with the material produced in its heyday, with the final straw being the introduction of a lady Doctor (who coincidentally looks, sounds and acts like Leanne Battersby from Coronation St), in turn killing the crucial dynamic that existed between a male Doctor and lady assistant.... The story lines are juvenile, and the production all style over substance, and as such the show is but a pale shadow of its former self.

I could go on!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup, if Steve McQueen had taken the blob out to dinner instead of trying to kill it, maybe all the mayhem wouldn't have happened
    Sorry, the relevance of that, in terms of this discussion, has completely flown over my head....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, the relevance of that, in terms of this discussion, has completely flown over my head....

Marco.
    Idiotic political correctness - if we just listened to what the monsters really want instead of fighting them we can all live in harmony. Grant was just sort taking it to its (ill)logical conclusion.
    Last edited by Macca; 17-12-2018 at 19:07.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Thanks - yeah I had a feeling it was something like that

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nah. It'll be the Daleks wanting to be recognised as a repressed ethnic group. They'll be demanding social housing and handouts next.
    Daleks make me sick. They want everything but are not prepared to work for it, just exterminate everyone when they don't get their own way. "Give us a bungalow or a ground floor flat with wheelchair access or else!"

Now that they can "do stairs", they are everywhere. Previous doctors should have been tougher on them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Daleks make me sick. They want everything but are not prepared to work for it,.

In fairness there's a lot of jobs you just wouldn't be eligible for if you had a drain plunger and an egg whisk for arms. I know they are tightening up on disability claimants and all that but I reckon if I had a plunger and an egg whisk for arms the vet would sign me off onto the club without too much deliberation.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

They could get work in a kitchen - an omelette chef who can also unblock sinks must have some value. And they could teach Gordon Ramsey what angry really looks like.

Failing that there's always the army.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Failing that there's always the army.
    Or Rentokill. It would be a good motivation booster having an operative who keeps shouting "Exterminate! Exterminate!".
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

2 episodes of 'UFO' from 11 on Forces TV (then 3 'Hogan's Heroes' if you're up for a late one)

I'm Martin.

Forces TV is great.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast