+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by fatreg View Post
    White Gold was brilliant! whole series (5 episodes) available on iPlayer, loved the 80s vibe, soundtrack was ace, language was a bit much in places but well worth a watch.
    Good, isn't it, Colin? Like you say, the soundtrack is SUPERB (almost worth watching for alone)! I do like the rather 'laddish' sense of humour, though...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    LOL just got to this. There are too many posts to read these days. No not watched it yet. Will try to remember.
    Have you succeeded to remember yet, daftee?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Ben.

Hmmm watched white gold over a few nights. Wanted to like it but its didnt really work for me. The lead character was unlikeable & unbelievable and the supporting players seemed poorly written facsimiles of those in other better shows. It didnt really have many laughs either. Shame as it had a lot of potential.
    SL1210
    Jelco SA-750 & AT150 MLX,
    Firebottle phono stage,
    Jungson JA-88 amp,
    JBL L40 Speakers.
    M2tech Young dac .

I sympathise with that view Ben, as I know exactly where you're coming from.

However, for me the sales-orientated theme, depicting salesmen in a way I can relate to (being one myself), and the 'laddish' humour, cool 80s vibe, not to mention the superb soundtrack, were enough for me to make it entertaining viewing

Marco.

Cool Calling all Depeche Mode fans!

If you're an 80s boy, like me, then chances are you'll love DM... Well, if you tune into Sky Arts HD tonight (CH 122) at 7pm you'll see them perform live in Berlin.

Details here: http://www.asset1.net/show/depeche-mode

Should be especially good if you watch the show on a quality home-cinema system [count me in] and crank up the sound - can't wait!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Have you succeeded to remember yet, daftee?

Marco.
    Nope. Distracted by my new telly and being able to watch DVDs again for the first time in 3 years. I need to get one of those firestick things so can watch Prime on the big screen instead of the 10'' laptop.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Got a stick and a box. New stick is good but box is faster
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Martin.

Box cost more though I guess?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I need to get one of those firestick things so can watch Prime on the big screen instead of the 10'' laptop.
    Lol... Wot's that got to do with the price of mince? White Gold was on BBC2.

Btw, is your new TV Android, and therefore connected to the Internet to access its Smart facilities?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Yes it is connected to the internet. No idea what protocols it uses.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast