+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

I'm Martin.

I saw the trailer and I don't know if I am becoming old and cynical but I could just see them editing this to show things in absolutely the worst light.

I mean it wouldn't make much of a programme if it was an hour of interviewing happy workers, would it?

I could make a documentary where I work and I guarantee that I could edit it to make it look like the best place in the world to work or one of the worst. I don't trust journalists and I particularly don't trust BBC journalists.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

They Who Dare (1954) is on film4 shortly. 13.15. A good film this with a stellar British cast led by Dirk Bogarde off to Greece to destroy enemy airfields.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I saw the trailer and I don't know if I am becoming old and cynical but I could just see them editing this to show things in absolutely the worst light.

I mean it wouldn't make much of a programme if it was an hour of interviewing happy workers, would it?

I could make a documentary where I work and I guarantee that I could edit it to make it look like the best place in the world to work or one of the worst. I don't trust journalists and I particularly don't trust BBC journalists.
    I would imagine there were those who thought Hitler wasn't really such a bad bloke…

A company has workers jumping out of windows to their death because of the intolerable working conditions and the company's response is to fit anti-suicide netting. Does that not suggest anything about the company and what it's priorities are?

Apple invited the journalist to the US for a meeting, and when he got there they changed their mind and refused to see him. Something to hide?

I'm Martin.

Stephen

No need to invoke Godwin's law. Apple may well be the worst employer in the world for all I know. I was just making the point that you can't trust anything you see on the telly, especially if it is a contentious issue. The BBC are well known for their biased reporting.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

Stephen

No need to invoke Godwin's law. Apple may well be the worst employer in the world for all I know. I was just making the point that you can't trust anything you see on the telly, especially if it is a contentious issue. The BBC are well known for their biased reporting.
    Of certain political and religious issues (Israel for one) yes but re Apple I would suspect not, but who knows I could be wrong.

I will watch it on the iplayer as I missed the live broadcast.

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

As an example I was talking to someone who was a senior radiologist at a well known children's hospital. This was back in the 1980s and there was some sort of issue regarding doctor's working practices. They had a meeting about it and the BBC came to film it. The clip shown on the news was about 30 seconds in length and showed the doctors sat around a table raising their hands to vote on whether they would take action or not.

Except they didn't vote at all they just had a discussion and then decided what to do. The 'voting' the BBC showed was in fact the doctors responding to the questions 'who wants tea? And who wants coffee?'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

As an example I was talking to someone who was a senior radiologist at a well known children's hospital. This was back in the 1980s and there was some sort of issue regarding doctor's working practices. They had a meeting about it and the BBC came to film it. The clip shown on the news was about 30 seconds in length and showed the doctors sat around a table raising their hands to vote on whether they would take action or not.

Except they didn't vote at all they just had a discussion and then decided what to do. The 'voting' the BBC showed was in fact the doctors responding to the questions 'who wants tea? And who wants coffee?'.

That should have been challenged. My issue with the BBC news is its shallow, sound bites and at times definately biased.

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Channel Four news is even worse. And ITN is indistinguishable from an episode of 'Brass Eye'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Stephen.

ITV news has never been the same since Lenny Henry left.

I'm Stephen.

You don't have to rely on terrestrial news; there is the internet. I think it was The Independent newspaper that broke the the story 4 years ago as to what was happening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast