+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mare's Nest.

I'm David.

cheers marco, i have some ideas about making my other cables not so close together but il get to that when the time comes too

lockwoods, why are you suprised, they look ace! biege grills nice wood/veneer finnish.. ace!!

I'm David.

hehe ... just showed my missis... she just raised her eyebrows gave me a look and said each to thier own i suppose

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

LOL, hehe... Trust me, they'll be even nicer when I have them re-veneered to look more like these (Yorks):

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Btw, Big Ears Audio (where I traded-in my Spendors for the Lockwoods) have got the Spendors up for sale, if anyone's interested, looking rather nice after being French polished (scroll down to the second pair shown):

http://www.bigearsaudio.org.uk/speak..._speakers.html

How did I live with something so 'tiny' for six years?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Marco, this is a genuine question, but were you told to twist the "Wind" speaker cables together? I don't have huge experience of them, but I was told to lay each conductor separately on the set I sold as this was why they were supplied as two separate leads per speaker... They certainly sounded good with the Amati Homage speakers they went with...

My setup isn't as neat, but I've tried to keep the mains and signal cables apart and it works well for me.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Hi Dave,

See here (where I bought it from):

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/van-den-...-m-p-1811.html

...noting this bit:

Before connecting The WIND Mk II HYBRID to your equipment we advise to mildly twist both leads to keep them together.
    I might revisit it, though. I can't say I've heard a big difference either way - they sound superb, regardless

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I sincerely hope those cables aren't touching the wall, Marco, me ol' mucker.
    Because if they are, you should take a lesson from Dave!!!!
    Hi Guys,
    I'm always available for i/c and wiring advice if any of you have particularly complex systems to set up - the previously posted pic is just one of many similar layouts I can put together - any questions, just ask.
    Note to Admn.:
    Please do NOT add this post to the proposed sticky on offers of help to members !!
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm always available for i/c and wiring advice if any of you have particularly complex systems to set up - the previously posted pic is just one of many similar layouts I can put together - any questions, just ask. Cheers,
    It's a very impressive wiring loom, Dave.

Just one thing though - It's about the bowline you've got your left hand speaker cable tied into. I think you must've made it so the rabbit went round the tree too many times before he bobbed back into his hole.

.............so you weren't in the Scouts then?

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    It's a very impressive wiring loom, Dave.

Just one thing though - It's about the bowline you've got your left hand speaker cable tied into. I think you must've made it so the rabbit went round the tree too many times before he bobbed back into his hole.

.............so you weren't in the Scouts then?
    Hi Chris,
    Oh yes I was in the Scouts (a long long time ago and can't remember which Patrol I was in ), and it's not a bowline, running or otherwise . It might just be a Granny but she's no longer around to ask so I can't be sure
    Cheers,
    Last edited by DaveK; 30-07-2009 at 20:34. Reason: spelling
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12