+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best mat for standard 1210 platter

I'm Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    What you describe makes sense. It should move quite freely.
    The thrustpad is detachable as you mention via two screws, but there is no need to undo it. Where to place the oil? Only on the parts that make contact - so only two. One is a single drop of oil on the small black circle where the shaft makes contact. The other is the shaft inside the cylindrical housing. A couple of drops of oil on the top - actually at the point where the shaft enters the housing - and it will slowly works its way down as you play. You can help it a bit I suppose by giving it a bit of a jiggle.
    As always Andrei you come through for me! Thank you mate.

I'm Ty.

What you describe makes sense. It should move quite freely.
    The thrustpad is detachable as you mention via two screws, but there is no need to undo it. Where to place the oil? Only on the parts that make contact - so only two. One is a single drop of oil on the small black circle where the shaft makes contact. The other is the shaft inside the cylindrical housing. A couple of drops of oil on the top - actually at the point where the shaft enters the housing - and it will slowly works its way down as you play. You can help it a bit I suppose by giving it a bit of a jiggle.
    Just reading your reply again Andrei - does my description sound right? - That a strong flick to rotate won't produce a full turn?

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    As always Andrei you come through for me! Thank you mate.
    I have received more help on this forum than I have given, so no probs - just bear in mind that there is often more than one way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    Just reading your reply again Andrei - does my description sound right? - That a strong flick to rotate won't produce a full turn?
    The short answer is that is normal. My instinct tells me that the more freely it rotates the better, but someone suggested a bit of drag could even be beneficial. In fact I have the Mike New bearing as well, and it has a lot more drag. The servo / motor seems to cope with that, as judged by my hearing and the strobe dots which are steady.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Ty.

I have received more help on this forum than I have given, so no probs - just bear in mind that there is often more than one way of doing things.

The short answer is that is normal. My instinct tells me that the more freely it rotates the better, but someone suggested a bit of drag could even be beneficial. In fact I have the Mike New bearing as well, and it has a lot more drag. The servo / motor seems to cope with that, as judged by my hearing and the strobe dots which are steady.
    With that then Andrei, I am ready to start the modification and should be done by the end of the weekend. I'll look to post my initial impression and pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234