+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,039 of 1039

Thread: Show us what you look like!

I'm Dave.

Shame most what i would call proper pubs are disappearing. There is also this local, for food n Booze http://thesheppey.co.uk/menu/xmas-menu-15/ some good music too. Nice odd pub, loads to look at inside every corner full of odds n ends, but not a proper pub. Nice to sit on the chairs by the river bank and have a few though, even in winter time.

Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I like the look of the second and third pics Dave, and could picture myself sitting there with a nice pint, but not the last one, with rows of seats, which makes that room look like a glorified school dining hall, and distinctly uninviting!

Those plastic seats are simply horrendous....

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I like the look of the second and third pics Dave, and could picture myself sitting there with a nice pint, but not the last one, with rows of seats, which makes that room look like a glorified school dining hall, and distinctly uninviting!

Marco.
    My thoughts too regarding the hall area, thats why we hang about the main pub area far better and cozy too.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

There are scatter cushions. In a pub.

I like dives myself. Tile floor, paint peeling off the walls, still the same cheap tables and chairs the place had when it opened in 1922 or whatever. Lock-ins until 3am every night. Used to be spoilt for choice round these parts but they have all closed down or been tarted up and spoiled.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Anto.

Super looking pub that! If only we had a decent local(it burnt down 7 yrs ago)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Proper Old Pubs.... In the Good Old Days...

I can remember one that really had a broken 3 legged bar stool with a broom handle tied with string as a splint...

nobody drank there though..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    My thoughts too regarding the hall area, thats why we hang about the main pub area far better and cozy too.
    Yup, cosy is important, and it's something that 'open plan' room ism't. Unfortunately, 'airy and spacious' seems to be the de rigueur look these days, and if not done properly, simply results in cold and uninviting.

I like 'snugs' in pubs, nice cosy, quiet little corners/areas you can sit in, enjoying your beer (with someone decent to talk to, perhaps even your wife, lol), away from where all the 'rowdies' [who just love the sound of their own voice] and cackling women congregate...

It's rather like booths in restaurants, which you used to see more of at one time, and which I also like, as they 'cocoon' you to some extent from the presence of the unwashed masses you unfortunately have to share the same space with!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Alan.

Just a heads up for anyone close to Worcestershire, we are going to the THE GREEN HOP BEER FESTIVAL at the Talbot at Knightwick today.

It is a Fri/Sat/Sun event https://www.the-talbot.co.uk/events/ with live music, can't wait.

Should be great, Alan. Enjoy!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread